*Michael Jackson’s former physician Dr. Conrad Murray has lost his bid for freedom as he appeals his involuntary manslaughter conviction.
Dr. Murray was sentenced to four years behind bars after a jury found him guilty of administering the fatal dose of anesthetic Propofol, which cost the King of Pop his life in 2009.
He’s fighting to overturn the verdict and filed court papers last month seeking release on bail or to be placed under house arrest at his girlfriend Nicole Alvarez’s home pending the result of his appeal.
But today, Judge Michael Pastor ruled in favor of prosecutors David Walgren and Deborah Brazil, who claimed the doctor had not showed any remorse for his treatment of Jackson and alleged that he was still a flight risk due to his lack of family or business ties to Los Angeles.
Judge Pastor also admitted he was concerned by the fact that Murray thought using surgical anesthetic Propofol in a home setting was fine, and he denied the doctor’s request for bail.
Murray is hoping to prove that Michael died from financial stress and recklessly gambled with his life by self-administering the fatal dose of Propofol in June, 2009.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here