*Michael Jackson’s former physician Dr. Conrad Murray has lost his bid for freedom as he appeals his involuntary manslaughter conviction.
Dr. Murray was sentenced to four years behind bars after a jury found him guilty of administering the fatal dose of anesthetic Propofol, which cost the King of Pop his life in 2009.
He’s fighting to overturn the verdict and filed court papers last month seeking release on bail or to be placed under house arrest at his girlfriend Nicole Alvarez’s home pending the result of his appeal.
But today, Judge Michael Pastor ruled in favor of prosecutors David Walgren and Deborah Brazil, who claimed the doctor had not showed any remorse for his treatment of Jackson and alleged that he was still a flight risk due to his lack of family or business ties to Los Angeles.
Judge Pastor also admitted he was concerned by the fact that Murray thought using surgical anesthetic Propofol in a home setting was fine, and he denied the doctor’s request for bail.
Murray is hoping to prove that Michael died from financial stress and recklessly gambled with his life by self-administering the fatal dose of Propofol in June, 2009.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Venus Williams Wins First Round Match at Wimbledon (Pics, Video)
- Keyshia Cole Sued for Trashing Apt.; Landlord wants $150k Plus (Pics)
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- D’Angelo a No-Show for Scheduled Prince Tribute at BET Awards
- #BlackTwitter to Justin Timberlake After Praising Jesse Williams: ‘He’s Talking About You, Tho’
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here