*Michael Jackson’s former physician Dr. Conrad Murray has lost his bid for freedom as he appeals his involuntary manslaughter conviction.
Dr. Murray was sentenced to four years behind bars after a jury found him guilty of administering the fatal dose of anesthetic Propofol, which cost the King of Pop his life in 2009.
He’s fighting to overturn the verdict and filed court papers last month seeking release on bail or to be placed under house arrest at his girlfriend Nicole Alvarez’s home pending the result of his appeal.
But today, Judge Michael Pastor ruled in favor of prosecutors David Walgren and Deborah Brazil, who claimed the doctor had not showed any remorse for his treatment of Jackson and alleged that he was still a flight risk due to his lack of family or business ties to Los Angeles.
Judge Pastor also admitted he was concerned by the fact that Murray thought using surgical anesthetic Propofol in a home setting was fine, and he denied the doctor’s request for bail.
Murray is hoping to prove that Michael died from financial stress and recklessly gambled with his life by self-administering the fatal dose of Propofol in June, 2009.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stacey Dash Responds to Anthony Anderson Slamming Her at Image Awards
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Deion Sanders Pushes Josh Norman’s Buttons Re: Odell Beckham Jr. Incident
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here