*Kanye West has been courting Middle Eastern millionaires to invest in his upcoming film project.
The rapper is currently developing a 30-minute art film to be set in the Gulf when production begins in March, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
West sent his creative scouts to the United Arab Emirates and Doha, Qatar, in search of “filming and financing opportunities.”
“They did a full round of meetings, speaking with various government agencies, institutions and private investors. They toured each area and met with all the major players,” a source tells the publication.
The project is said to be in the vein of the extended music video he released for his 2010 track “Runaway.”
“He conceived the story, which is set in the Gulf. It’s supposed to showcase the beauty of the region, a piece that’s culturally sensitive and embraces the customs and traditions of the region,” the source said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here