*Kanye West has been courting Middle Eastern millionaires to invest in his upcoming film project.
The rapper is currently developing a 30-minute art film to be set in the Gulf when production begins in March, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
West sent his creative scouts to the United Arab Emirates and Doha, Qatar, in search of “filming and financing opportunities.”
“They did a full round of meetings, speaking with various government agencies, institutions and private investors. They toured each area and met with all the major players,” a source tells the publication.
The project is said to be in the vein of the extended music video he released for his 2010 track “Runaway.”
“He conceived the story, which is set in the Gulf. It’s supposed to showcase the beauty of the region, a piece that’s culturally sensitive and embraces the customs and traditions of the region,” the source said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here