*Kanye West has been courting Middle Eastern millionaires to invest in his upcoming film project.
The rapper is currently developing a 30-minute art film to be set in the Gulf when production begins in March, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
West sent his creative scouts to the United Arab Emirates and Doha, Qatar, in search of “filming and financing opportunities.”
“They did a full round of meetings, speaking with various government agencies, institutions and private investors. They toured each area and met with all the major players,” a source tells the publication.
The project is said to be in the vein of the extended music video he released for his 2010 track “Runaway.”
“He conceived the story, which is set in the Gulf. It’s supposed to showcase the beauty of the region, a piece that’s culturally sensitive and embraces the customs and traditions of the region,” the source said.
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here