*Kanye West has been courting Middle Eastern millionaires to invest in his upcoming film project.
The rapper is currently developing a 30-minute art film to be set in the Gulf when production begins in March, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
West sent his creative scouts to the United Arab Emirates and Doha, Qatar, in search of “filming and financing opportunities.”
“They did a full round of meetings, speaking with various government agencies, institutions and private investors. They toured each area and met with all the major players,” a source tells the publication.
The project is said to be in the vein of the extended music video he released for his 2010 track “Runaway.”
“He conceived the story, which is set in the Gulf. It’s supposed to showcase the beauty of the region, a piece that’s culturally sensitive and embraces the customs and traditions of the region,” the source said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here