*Kanye West has been courting Middle Eastern millionaires to invest in his upcoming film project.
The rapper is currently developing a 30-minute art film to be set in the Gulf when production begins in March, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
West sent his creative scouts to the United Arab Emirates and Doha, Qatar, in search of “filming and financing opportunities.”
“They did a full round of meetings, speaking with various government agencies, institutions and private investors. They toured each area and met with all the major players,” a source tells the publication.
The project is said to be in the vein of the extended music video he released for his 2010 track “Runaway.”
“He conceived the story, which is set in the Gulf. It’s supposed to showcase the beauty of the region, a piece that’s culturally sensitive and embraces the customs and traditions of the region,” the source said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here