*In a recent interview with the Huffington Post, singer Kenny Lattimore shared his philosophy about education and teaching through music.
He recently extended the reach of the Kenny Lattimore Foundation and has gotten involved with the United Negro College Fund’s Empower Me Tour.
“It’s been really fantastic. I have a seminar that I host called ‘Game On,’ and it’s really just geared towards young men who are facing challenges going to college,” he told the outlet. “So I set up a panel where I have some other young men who have either attended or completed college, and they become a sounding board for the young men in our audience, a sounding board that is a board of encouragement for them to face their obstacles and let them know that, no matter what, they can achieve this high achievement of college degree. And it will help set them up for their future successes.”
He later added that both the UNCF and his foundation have common goals and maintain that education and arts are the keys to unlocking the success and motivation for young people today.
Read the full interview at the Huffington Post.
Watch a taste of Kenny’s video for “Find A Way”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here