*In a recent interview with the Huffington Post, singer Kenny Lattimore shared his philosophy about education and teaching through music.
He recently extended the reach of the Kenny Lattimore Foundation and has gotten involved with the United Negro College Fund’s Empower Me Tour.
“It’s been really fantastic. I have a seminar that I host called ‘Game On,’ and it’s really just geared towards young men who are facing challenges going to college,” he told the outlet. “So I set up a panel where I have some other young men who have either attended or completed college, and they become a sounding board for the young men in our audience, a sounding board that is a board of encouragement for them to face their obstacles and let them know that, no matter what, they can achieve this high achievement of college degree. And it will help set them up for their future successes.”
He later added that both the UNCF and his foundation have common goals and maintain that education and arts are the keys to unlocking the success and motivation for young people today.
Read the full interview at the Huffington Post.
Watch a taste of Kenny’s video for “Find A Way”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here