*Learning to love yourself, it is the greatest love of all. You can’t give what you don’t have. Loving yourself is key to finding and nurturing a healthy love with someone else; platonic or romantic. As I mention often, society suggests so many ways that we should live; however, it is our choice as to how we will decide to exist. Whitney made such a great statement in this song, included in that is the following verse.
I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone’s shadows.
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I’ll live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can’t take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all
Learning to love yourself, flaws and all is the first step to experiencing love.
When we find that place of loving ourselves, we can love the unlovable, care for those in need without complaining, do for friends without keeping score, make every effort to understand before we are understood and simply live more peacefully.
Tomorrow we will celebrate the life of someone who loved herself and spread that love so freely. Clamika “Mika” Beale, who was like my little sister, lost her battle with breast on Friday, February 10, 2012 at the tender young age of 29. Throughout her illness and even up until the end, she gave her self love away to others. In the midst of her pain, she was praying for and comforting friends and loved ones.
She accepted herself and changed whatever was in there that she didn’t like. Looking inward is a great first step to finding true love.
My prayers also go out to the family of Whitney Houston, who will hopefully (now) experience the greatest love of all.
Founder of Evidently Assured, strategy firm and the Founder of the Live Your Truth Experience (L.Y.T.E.). Monica is the Author of the new life changing book “The Things I Used to do to Sneeze!: How to live an authentic life with awesome sensation.” Email her at: [email protected]. Follow her via Twitter: @monicacost and Facebook.com/monicahairstoncost. www.monicacost.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here