*Learning to love yourself, it is the greatest love of all. You can’t give what you don’t have. Loving yourself is key to finding and nurturing a healthy love with someone else; platonic or romantic. As I mention often, society suggests so many ways that we should live; however, it is our choice as to how we will decide to exist. Whitney made such a great statement in this song, included in that is the following verse.
I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone’s shadows.
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I’ll live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can’t take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all
Learning to love yourself, flaws and all is the first step to experiencing love.
When we find that place of loving ourselves, we can love the unlovable, care for those in need without complaining, do for friends without keeping score, make every effort to understand before we are understood and simply live more peacefully.
Tomorrow we will celebrate the life of someone who loved herself and spread that love so freely. Clamika “Mika” Beale, who was like my little sister, lost her battle with breast on Friday, February 10, 2012 at the tender young age of 29. Throughout her illness and even up until the end, she gave her self love away to others. In the midst of her pain, she was praying for and comforting friends and loved ones.
She accepted herself and changed whatever was in there that she didn’t like. Looking inward is a great first step to finding true love.
My prayers also go out to the family of Whitney Houston, who will hopefully (now) experience the greatest love of all.
Founder of Evidently Assured, strategy firm and the Founder of the Live Your Truth Experience (L.Y.T.E.). Monica is the Author of the new life changing book “The Things I Used to do to Sneeze!: How to live an authentic life with awesome sensation.” Email her at: [email protected]. Follow her via Twitter: @monicacost and Facebook.com/monicahairstoncost. www.monicacost.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here