*As we reported, Whitney Houston’s hometown is honoring her on Saturday morning by flying the flag at half-staff, according to an announcement made by the state’s governor, Chris Christie
Meanwhile, Pastor Marvin Winans has been chosen to deliver the eulogy for his longtime friend at her funeral Saturday in New Jersey.
Winans is a Grammy Award-winning member of one of gospel music’s first families. In his role as a pastor he married Houston and Bobby Brown in 1992.
Winans son, Marvin Jr., and Marvin Winans’ office at Perfecting Faith Church in Detroit confirmed to The Associated Press on Tuesday he will eulogize Houston at the private funeral at Newark’s New Hope Baptist Church.
The Winans and Houston families have been friends for years. Houston performed with Marvin Winans’ sisters CeCe and BeBe.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here