*As we reported, Whitney Houston’s hometown is honoring her on Saturday morning by flying the flag at half-staff, according to an announcement made by the state’s governor, Chris Christie
Meanwhile, Pastor Marvin Winans has been chosen to deliver the eulogy for his longtime friend at her funeral Saturday in New Jersey.
Winans is a Grammy Award-winning member of one of gospel music’s first families. In his role as a pastor he married Houston and Bobby Brown in 1992.
Winans son, Marvin Jr., and Marvin Winans’ office at Perfecting Faith Church in Detroit confirmed to The Associated Press on Tuesday he will eulogize Houston at the private funeral at Newark’s New Hope Baptist Church.
The Winans and Houston families have been friends for years. Houston performed with Marvin Winans’ sisters CeCe and BeBe.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here