*As we reported, Whitney Houston’s hometown is honoring her on Saturday morning by flying the flag at half-staff, according to an announcement made by the state’s governor, Chris Christie
Meanwhile, Pastor Marvin Winans has been chosen to deliver the eulogy for his longtime friend at her funeral Saturday in New Jersey.
Winans is a Grammy Award-winning member of one of gospel music’s first families. In his role as a pastor he married Houston and Bobby Brown in 1992.
Winans son, Marvin Jr., and Marvin Winans’ office at Perfecting Faith Church in Detroit confirmed to The Associated Press on Tuesday he will eulogize Houston at the private funeral at Newark’s New Hope Baptist Church.
The Winans and Houston families have been friends for years. Houston performed with Marvin Winans’ sisters CeCe and BeBe.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here