*As we reported, Whitney Houston’s hometown is honoring her on Saturday morning by flying the flag at half-staff, according to an announcement made by the state’s governor, Chris Christie
Meanwhile, Pastor Marvin Winans has been chosen to deliver the eulogy for his longtime friend at her funeral Saturday in New Jersey.
Winans is a Grammy Award-winning member of one of gospel music’s first families. In his role as a pastor he married Houston and Bobby Brown in 1992.
Winans son, Marvin Jr., and Marvin Winans’ office at Perfecting Faith Church in Detroit confirmed to The Associated Press on Tuesday he will eulogize Houston at the private funeral at Newark’s New Hope Baptist Church.
The Winans and Houston families have been friends for years. Houston performed with Marvin Winans’ sisters CeCe and BeBe.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here