*A rep for rapper Drake is responding to the lawsuit brought forth by his ex-girlfriend over the song “Marvin’s Room,” the Smoking Section reports.
The rapper’s ex-girlfriend, Ericka Lee, whose audio is used at the end of the song, said her voice recording was used without permissions.
The spokesperson for Drake, who remained unnamed, said the suit has no merit.
Below is her statement:
“This claim is entirely without merit and our client has not engaged in any wrongful conduct,” the spokesperson told Rolling Stone. “Ericka Lee consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ prior to its release. Lee asked only for the credit she received as ‘Syren Lyric Muse,’ and she did not ask for any compensation. It was only after she retained a lawyer that there was a demand for payment. Drake tried for months to resolve the matter amicably, and he now looks forward to being vindicated in court.”
It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Read more here.
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Bobbi Kristina: Grave Being Prepared; Alleged Former Drug Dealer Dies of Overdose
- Chris Brown Files Paternity Papers to Thwart Baby Mama's Support Demands
- Rihanna Drops 'BBHMM' Video; Kidnaps Fans for Tidal Launch (Watch)
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Crazy Mom who Killed Her Kids: 'I'd Do it Again!' (Disturbing Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here