*A rep for rapper Drake is responding to the lawsuit brought forth by his ex-girlfriend over the song “Marvin’s Room,” the Smoking Section reports.
The rapper’s ex-girlfriend, Ericka Lee, whose audio is used at the end of the song, said her voice recording was used without permissions.
The spokesperson for Drake, who remained unnamed, said the suit has no merit.
Below is her statement:
“This claim is entirely without merit and our client has not engaged in any wrongful conduct,” the spokesperson told Rolling Stone. “Ericka Lee consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ prior to its release. Lee asked only for the credit she received as ‘Syren Lyric Muse,’ and she did not ask for any compensation. It was only after she retained a lawyer that there was a demand for payment. Drake tried for months to resolve the matter amicably, and he now looks forward to being vindicated in court.”
It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Read more here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (EUR Film Review)
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here