*A rep for rapper Drake is responding to the lawsuit brought forth by his ex-girlfriend over the song “Marvin’s Room,” the Smoking Section reports.
The rapper’s ex-girlfriend, Ericka Lee, whose audio is used at the end of the song, said her voice recording was used without permissions.
The spokesperson for Drake, who remained unnamed, said the suit has no merit.
Below is her statement:
“This claim is entirely without merit and our client has not engaged in any wrongful conduct,” the spokesperson told Rolling Stone. “Ericka Lee consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ prior to its release. Lee asked only for the credit she received as ‘Syren Lyric Muse,’ and she did not ask for any compensation. It was only after she retained a lawyer that there was a demand for payment. Drake tried for months to resolve the matter amicably, and he now looks forward to being vindicated in court.”
It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Read more here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-12-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here