*A rep for rapper Drake is responding to the lawsuit brought forth by his ex-girlfriend over the song “Marvin’s Room,” the Smoking Section reports.
The rapper’s ex-girlfriend, Ericka Lee, whose audio is used at the end of the song, said her voice recording was used without permissions.
The spokesperson for Drake, who remained unnamed, said the suit has no merit.
Below is her statement:
“This claim is entirely without merit and our client has not engaged in any wrongful conduct,” the spokesperson told Rolling Stone. “Ericka Lee consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ prior to its release. Lee asked only for the credit she received as ‘Syren Lyric Muse,’ and she did not ask for any compensation. It was only after she retained a lawyer that there was a demand for payment. Drake tried for months to resolve the matter amicably, and he now looks forward to being vindicated in court.”
It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Read more here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Look! Patti LaBelle and James Wright Chanel Together Eatin', Dancin & Singin' (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Thousands of Protesters Disrupt Black Friday in Chicago
- Toronto Raptors Milk ‘Hotline Bling’ During Drake Night (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here