Award-winning, multi-platinum singer Mary J. Blige took to the stage last week at the Avalon/Bardot Night Club in Hollywood, in support of the partnership between Product (RED), and Belvedere, Premium Vodka. The event is a first of a series of Belvedere activities that will raise proceeds for the Global Fund, the World’s Leading Financier of Programs to Fight HIV/AIDS in Africa.
Among the attendees were Ledisi, Kelis, Kim Porter, Chelsea Handler, Forest Whitaker, MC Lyte, Kadus, Melanie Thorton, Paris Hilton, Natasha Bedingfield, Malin Ackerman, Sofia Bush, and Sheila E. just to name a few.
The most asked question of the evening was definitely “What is your favorite Mary J. Blige song?” Most celebrities wouldn’t choose a specific song, but chose rather to select entire albums. Both “My Life” and “Share My World” albums were the top favorites.
In speaking about being a part of the event, Mary said, “I’m delighted to be supporting (Belvedere) RED in their fight against HIV & AIDS in Africa. It is one of the devastating issues faced by million in Africa and if we can raise awareness with this even and encourage people to (PRODUCT) RED, we’ll be one stop closer to an HIV/AIDS free generation in 2015.”
Have a look at some pics from the event.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Daniel Craig In Talks to Join Halle Berry in LA Riots Drama ‘Kings’
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here