Award-winning, multi-platinum singer Mary J. Blige took to the stage last week at the Avalon/Bardot Night Club in Hollywood, in support of the partnership between Product (RED), and Belvedere, Premium Vodka. The event is a first of a series of Belvedere activities that will raise proceeds for the Global Fund, the World’s Leading Financier of Programs to Fight HIV/AIDS in Africa.
Among the attendees were Ledisi, Kelis, Kim Porter, Chelsea Handler, Forest Whitaker, MC Lyte, Kadus, Melanie Thorton, Paris Hilton, Natasha Bedingfield, Malin Ackerman, Sofia Bush, and Sheila E. just to name a few.
The most asked question of the evening was definitely “What is your favorite Mary J. Blige song?” Most celebrities wouldn’t choose a specific song, but chose rather to select entire albums. Both “My Life” and “Share My World” albums were the top favorites.
In speaking about being a part of the event, Mary said, “I’m delighted to be supporting (Belvedere) RED in their fight against HIV & AIDS in Africa. It is one of the devastating issues faced by million in Africa and if we can raise awareness with this even and encourage people to (PRODUCT) RED, we’ll be one stop closer to an HIV/AIDS free generation in 2015.”
Have a look at some pics from the event.
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here