Award-winning, multi-platinum singer Mary J. Blige took to the stage last week at the Avalon/Bardot Night Club in Hollywood, in support of the partnership between Product (RED), and Belvedere, Premium Vodka. The event is a first of a series of Belvedere activities that will raise proceeds for the Global Fund, the World’s Leading Financier of Programs to Fight HIV/AIDS in Africa.
Among the attendees were Ledisi, Kelis, Kim Porter, Chelsea Handler, Forest Whitaker, MC Lyte, Kadus, Melanie Thorton, Paris Hilton, Natasha Bedingfield, Malin Ackerman, Sofia Bush, and Sheila E. just to name a few.
The most asked question of the evening was definitely “What is your favorite Mary J. Blige song?” Most celebrities wouldn’t choose a specific song, but chose rather to select entire albums. Both “My Life” and “Share My World” albums were the top favorites.
In speaking about being a part of the event, Mary said, “I’m delighted to be supporting (Belvedere) RED in their fight against HIV & AIDS in Africa. It is one of the devastating issues faced by million in Africa and if we can raise awareness with this even and encourage people to (PRODUCT) RED, we’ll be one stop closer to an HIV/AIDS free generation in 2015.”
Have a look at some pics from the event.
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Damon Wayans Reveals Tracy Morgan's Undisclosed Walmart Settlement; Morgan's Camp Puzzled
- The New Yorker Cover Depicts President Kanye West
- EUR Quickie: Shocking Photo! ... Can U Guess Who This is?
- Janet Jackson Releases Title Track from ‘Unbreakable’ (Listen)
- Criminal Charges Recommended for Camper Accused of Terrorizing Black Family
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here