Award-winning, multi-platinum singer Mary J. Blige took to the stage last week at the Avalon/Bardot Night Club in Hollywood, in support of the partnership between Product (RED), and Belvedere, Premium Vodka. The event is a first of a series of Belvedere activities that will raise proceeds for the Global Fund, the World’s Leading Financier of Programs to Fight HIV/AIDS in Africa.
Among the attendees were Ledisi, Kelis, Kim Porter, Chelsea Handler, Forest Whitaker, MC Lyte, Kadus, Melanie Thorton, Paris Hilton, Natasha Bedingfield, Malin Ackerman, Sofia Bush, and Sheila E. just to name a few.
The most asked question of the evening was definitely “What is your favorite Mary J. Blige song?” Most celebrities wouldn’t choose a specific song, but chose rather to select entire albums. Both “My Life” and “Share My World” albums were the top favorites.
In speaking about being a part of the event, Mary said, “I’m delighted to be supporting (Belvedere) RED in their fight against HIV & AIDS in Africa. It is one of the devastating issues faced by million in Africa and if we can raise awareness with this even and encourage people to (PRODUCT) RED, we’ll be one stop closer to an HIV/AIDS free generation in 2015.”
Have a look at some pics from the event.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here