Award-winning, multi-platinum singer Mary J. Blige took to the stage last week at the Avalon/Bardot Night Club in Hollywood, in support of the partnership between Product (RED), and Belvedere, Premium Vodka. The event is a first of a series of Belvedere activities that will raise proceeds for the Global Fund, the World’s Leading Financier of Programs to Fight HIV/AIDS in Africa.
Among the attendees were Ledisi, Kelis, Kim Porter, Chelsea Handler, Forest Whitaker, MC Lyte, Kadus, Melanie Thorton, Paris Hilton, Natasha Bedingfield, Malin Ackerman, Sofia Bush, and Sheila E. just to name a few.
The most asked question of the evening was definitely “What is your favorite Mary J. Blige song?” Most celebrities wouldn’t choose a specific song, but chose rather to select entire albums. Both “My Life” and “Share My World” albums were the top favorites.
In speaking about being a part of the event, Mary said, “I’m delighted to be supporting (Belvedere) RED in their fight against HIV & AIDS in Africa. It is one of the devastating issues faced by million in Africa and if we can raise awareness with this even and encourage people to (PRODUCT) RED, we’ll be one stop closer to an HIV/AIDS free generation in 2015.”
Have a look at some pics from the event.
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here