*Poet Maya Angelou is said to be on the mend following a brief illness that forced her to cancel a planned speech in Texas.
Angelou’s lecture agent David LaCamera said Tuesday the 83-year-old poet was scheduled to speak on Wednesday at Texas Women’s University in Denton, but came down with an illness that left her in the hospital for three days.
LaCamera declined to describe the nature of the illness, but said Tuesday that Angelou is resting at home in Winston-Salem, N.C., and is unable to travel.
He says her doctor told her that she’s on the road a lot and has to slow down for a few days.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here