*Poet Maya Angelou is said to be on the mend following a brief illness that forced her to cancel a planned speech in Texas.
Angelou’s lecture agent David LaCamera said Tuesday the 83-year-old poet was scheduled to speak on Wednesday at Texas Women’s University in Denton, but came down with an illness that left her in the hospital for three days.
LaCamera declined to describe the nature of the illness, but said Tuesday that Angelou is resting at home in Winston-Salem, N.C., and is unable to travel.
He says her doctor told her that she’s on the road a lot and has to slow down for a few days.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here