*Poet Maya Angelou is said to be on the mend following a brief illness that forced her to cancel a planned speech in Texas.
Angelou’s lecture agent David LaCamera said Tuesday the 83-year-old poet was scheduled to speak on Wednesday at Texas Women’s University in Denton, but came down with an illness that left her in the hospital for three days.
LaCamera declined to describe the nature of the illness, but said Tuesday that Angelou is resting at home in Winston-Salem, N.C., and is unable to travel.
He says her doctor told her that she’s on the road a lot and has to slow down for a few days.
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Damon Wayans Reveals Tracy Morgan's Undisclosed Walmart Settlement; Morgan's Camp Puzzled
- The New Yorker Cover Depicts President Kanye West
- EUR Quickie: Shocking Photo! ... Can U Guess Who This is?
- Janet Jackson Releases Title Track from ‘Unbreakable’ (Listen)
- Criminal Charges Recommended for Camper Accused of Terrorizing Black Family
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here