*Mel B, a.k.a. Melanie Brown, is reportedly getting $1 million to host the new Australian version of “Dancing with the Stars.”
The former Spice Girls singer – who competed in the US version in 2007 – says she can’t wait to start production.
“Doing ‘Dancing with the Stars’ in America changed me,” she told the Sunday Telegraph newspaper. “I’ve danced all my life, and, of course, with the Spice Girls, but there was something so intoxicating about learning to dance in such a classic, trained way. It was intense, but I loved every moment. I’m still annoyed I didn’t win!
“As any contestant on ‘DWTS’ will tell you, it does change your life. I will be bringing my experiences to the show, and will be very protective of this year’s group.”
Mel – who is also a judge on the Australian “X Factor,” raises three children with husband Stephen Belafonte and will move the entire family to Sydney from Los Angeles.
The 36-year-old native of Leeds, Northern England said, “I didn’t know if packing up and moving here would work so I tested the waters – just as I’m sure Stephen tested the waters with my accent and humor and how people responded to me. And luckily it worked out really well. The kids love it here, it’s a similar lifestyle to LA but it’s somewhat better.
“I feel like it’s going to be my Aussie, Sydney year.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Venus Williams Wins First Round Match at Wimbledon (Pics, Video)
- Keyshia Cole Sued for Trashing Apt.; Landlord wants $150k Plus (Pics)
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- D’Angelo a No-Show for Scheduled Prince Tribute at BET Awards
- #BlackTwitter to Justin Timberlake After Praising Jesse Williams: ‘He’s Talking About You, Tho’
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here