*Mel B, a.k.a. Melanie Brown, is reportedly getting $1 million to host the new Australian version of “Dancing with the Stars.”
The former Spice Girls singer – who competed in the US version in 2007 – says she can’t wait to start production.
“Doing ‘Dancing with the Stars’ in America changed me,” she told the Sunday Telegraph newspaper. “I’ve danced all my life, and, of course, with the Spice Girls, but there was something so intoxicating about learning to dance in such a classic, trained way. It was intense, but I loved every moment. I’m still annoyed I didn’t win!
“As any contestant on ‘DWTS’ will tell you, it does change your life. I will be bringing my experiences to the show, and will be very protective of this year’s group.”
Mel – who is also a judge on the Australian “X Factor,” raises three children with husband Stephen Belafonte and will move the entire family to Sydney from Los Angeles.
The 36-year-old native of Leeds, Northern England said, “I didn’t know if packing up and moving here would work so I tested the waters – just as I’m sure Stephen tested the waters with my accent and humor and how people responded to me. And luckily it worked out really well. The kids love it here, it’s a similar lifestyle to LA but it’s somewhat better.
“I feel like it’s going to be my Aussie, Sydney year.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here