*Mel B, a.k.a. Melanie Brown, is reportedly getting $1 million to host the new Australian version of “Dancing with the Stars.”
The former Spice Girls singer – who competed in the US version in 2007 – says she can’t wait to start production.
“Doing ‘Dancing with the Stars’ in America changed me,” she told the Sunday Telegraph newspaper. “I’ve danced all my life, and, of course, with the Spice Girls, but there was something so intoxicating about learning to dance in such a classic, trained way. It was intense, but I loved every moment. I’m still annoyed I didn’t win!
“As any contestant on ‘DWTS’ will tell you, it does change your life. I will be bringing my experiences to the show, and will be very protective of this year’s group.”
Mel – who is also a judge on the Australian “X Factor,” raises three children with husband Stephen Belafonte and will move the entire family to Sydney from Los Angeles.
The 36-year-old native of Leeds, Northern England said, “I didn’t know if packing up and moving here would work so I tested the waters – just as I’m sure Stephen tested the waters with my accent and humor and how people responded to me. And luckily it worked out really well. The kids love it here, it’s a similar lifestyle to LA but it’s somewhat better.
“I feel like it’s going to be my Aussie, Sydney year.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here