*Mel B, a.k.a. Melanie Brown, is reportedly getting $1 million to host the new Australian version of “Dancing with the Stars.”
The former Spice Girls singer – who competed in the US version in 2007 – says she can’t wait to start production.
“Doing ‘Dancing with the Stars’ in America changed me,” she told the Sunday Telegraph newspaper. “I’ve danced all my life, and, of course, with the Spice Girls, but there was something so intoxicating about learning to dance in such a classic, trained way. It was intense, but I loved every moment. I’m still annoyed I didn’t win!
“As any contestant on ‘DWTS’ will tell you, it does change your life. I will be bringing my experiences to the show, and will be very protective of this year’s group.”
Mel – who is also a judge on the Australian “X Factor,” raises three children with husband Stephen Belafonte and will move the entire family to Sydney from Los Angeles.
The 36-year-old native of Leeds, Northern England said, “I didn’t know if packing up and moving here would work so I tested the waters – just as I’m sure Stephen tested the waters with my accent and humor and how people responded to me. And luckily it worked out really well. The kids love it here, it’s a similar lifestyle to LA but it’s somewhat better.
“I feel like it’s going to be my Aussie, Sydney year.”
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here