*Mel B, a.k.a. Melanie Brown, is reportedly getting $1 million to host the new Australian version of “Dancing with the Stars.”
The former Spice Girls singer – who competed in the US version in 2007 – says she can’t wait to start production.
“Doing ‘Dancing with the Stars’ in America changed me,” she told the Sunday Telegraph newspaper. “I’ve danced all my life, and, of course, with the Spice Girls, but there was something so intoxicating about learning to dance in such a classic, trained way. It was intense, but I loved every moment. I’m still annoyed I didn’t win!
“As any contestant on ‘DWTS’ will tell you, it does change your life. I will be bringing my experiences to the show, and will be very protective of this year’s group.”
Mel – who is also a judge on the Australian “X Factor,” raises three children with husband Stephen Belafonte and will move the entire family to Sydney from Los Angeles.
The 36-year-old native of Leeds, Northern England said, “I didn’t know if packing up and moving here would work so I tested the waters – just as I’m sure Stephen tested the waters with my accent and humor and how people responded to me. And luckily it worked out really well. The kids love it here, it’s a similar lifestyle to LA but it’s somewhat better.
“I feel like it’s going to be my Aussie, Sydney year.”
- Kanye Babysits Kourtney's Kid After Bust-up with Scott Disick
- Cynthia Bailey Responds to NeNe Leaving RHOA
- Maybe We Can't Solve World Hunger...But We Can Put a Serious Dent in It By Doing This!
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here