*When President Barack Obama picked up that microphone and sang ta few bars of a blues song earlier this week, Mick Jagger, who was also present at the White House affair, called the move “courageous.”
Bluesman Buddy Guy encouraged Obama during a concert at the East Room to join in on a verse of “Sweet Home Chicago,” the blues anthem of the president’s home.
“I thought he was courageous, because there was some element of reluctance,” Jagger said, adding that “it was a hard moment for the president to get out of.”
In an interview with the Associated Press, the legendary rock ‘n’ roller described the moment as “unusual, surreal, and strange, but very enjoyable.”
Jagger, in a phone interview with the AP, also said he was pleased to see that first lady Michelle Obama was wearing a dress that night designed by L’Wren Scott, his longtime girlfriend, who had a front-row seat for the concert.
Jagger, 68, said he has never been invited to play at the White House before — or for any head of state — and he rated it a “surreal gig experience.”
“I loved it,” he said. “It was really unusual, surreal, and strange, but very enjoyable. … I went out there and I tried to put out my best.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here