*Tamron Hall, host of MSNBC’s “NewsNation” at 2 p.m. ET, is appearing in the latest addition to the cable channel’s “Lean Forward” campaign, which has a number of its hosts sounding off about American issues they feel passionate about.
The Luling, TX native uses her promo to talk patriotism, and how growing up in a military family (her dad was in the army) gives her a unique perspective. [Scroll down to hear an exclusive one-on-one.]
As an African American, Hall also has a unique perspective when it comes to race – whether it’s a story she’s covering, or workplace politics in the newsroom.
“I was there when the first African American president was elected, so quite naturally [race] was a big conversation, and a big important part of the conversation,” says Hall, who is also a regular fill-in on NBC’s “Today” show.
“I don’t run from a story because I’m black,” she continues. “I don’t care if someone says, ‘Oh, she’s doing that story because she’s black.’ No, we’re doing the story because it matters, and she happens to be black.”
Continuing our exclusive one-on-one below, Hall talks about how she first got into TV news, how she was “bred for morning TV” and how she keeps it together with guests who come on her show talking crazy.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here