*Tamron Hall, host of MSNBC’s “NewsNation” at 2 p.m. ET, is appearing in the latest addition to the cable channel’s “Lean Forward” campaign, which has a number of its hosts sounding off about American issues they feel passionate about.
The Luling, TX native uses her promo to talk patriotism, and how growing up in a military family (her dad was in the army) gives her a unique perspective. [Scroll down to hear an exclusive one-on-one.]
As an African American, Hall also has a unique perspective when it comes to race – whether it’s a story she’s covering, or workplace politics in the newsroom.
“I was there when the first African American president was elected, so quite naturally [race] was a big conversation, and a big important part of the conversation,” says Hall, who is also a regular fill-in on NBC’s “Today” show.
“I don’t run from a story because I’m black,” she continues. “I don’t care if someone says, ‘Oh, she’s doing that story because she’s black.’ No, we’re doing the story because it matters, and she happens to be black.”
Continuing our exclusive one-on-one below, Hall talks about how she first got into TV news, how she was “bred for morning TV” and how she keeps it together with guests who come on her show talking crazy.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Sterling Spotted Cursing Out Girlfriend at LA Restaurant
- Tyler Perry Reveals ‘Future Home of Tyler Perry Studios’ (Pic)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Offers A YEAR of 'Paid Leave' for New Moms and Dads
- Melanie Liburd Joins ‘Game of Thrones’ as The Red Priestess
- Rihanna Hosts Art Gallery Reveal of New Album Cover & Title (Pic)
- Michelle Obama Will Appear on Disney's 'Doc McStuffins'
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here