*Tamron Hall, host of MSNBC’s “NewsNation” at 2 p.m. ET, is appearing in the latest addition to the cable channel’s “Lean Forward” campaign, which has a number of its hosts sounding off about American issues they feel passionate about.
The Luling, TX native uses her promo to talk patriotism, and how growing up in a military family (her dad was in the army) gives her a unique perspective. [Scroll down to hear an exclusive one-on-one.]
As an African American, Hall also has a unique perspective when it comes to race – whether it’s a story she’s covering, or workplace politics in the newsroom.
“I was there when the first African American president was elected, so quite naturally [race] was a big conversation, and a big important part of the conversation,” says Hall, who is also a regular fill-in on NBC’s “Today” show.
“I don’t run from a story because I’m black,” she continues. “I don’t care if someone says, ‘Oh, she’s doing that story because she’s black.’ No, we’re doing the story because it matters, and she happens to be black.”
Continuing our exclusive one-on-one below, Hall talks about how she first got into TV news, how she was “bred for morning TV” and how she keeps it together with guests who come on her show talking crazy.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here