*Tamron Hall, host of MSNBC’s “NewsNation” at 2 p.m. ET, is appearing in the latest addition to the cable channel’s “Lean Forward” campaign, which has a number of its hosts sounding off about American issues they feel passionate about.
The Luling, TX native uses her promo to talk patriotism, and how growing up in a military family (her dad was in the army) gives her a unique perspective. [Scroll down to hear an exclusive one-on-one.]
As an African American, Hall also has a unique perspective when it comes to race – whether it’s a story she’s covering, or workplace politics in the newsroom.
“I was there when the first African American president was elected, so quite naturally [race] was a big conversation, and a big important part of the conversation,” says Hall, who is also a regular fill-in on NBC’s “Today” show.
“I don’t run from a story because I’m black,” she continues. “I don’t care if someone says, ‘Oh, she’s doing that story because she’s black.’ No, we’re doing the story because it matters, and she happens to be black.”
Continuing our exclusive one-on-one below, Hall talks about how she first got into TV news, how she was “bred for morning TV” and how she keeps it together with guests who come on her show talking crazy.
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here