*Tamron Hall, host of MSNBC’s “NewsNation” at 2 p.m. ET, is appearing in the latest addition to the cable channel’s “Lean Forward” campaign, which has a number of its hosts sounding off about American issues they feel passionate about.
The Luling, TX native uses her promo to talk patriotism, and how growing up in a military family (her dad was in the army) gives her a unique perspective. [Scroll down to hear an exclusive one-on-one.]
As an African American, Hall also has a unique perspective when it comes to race – whether it’s a story she’s covering, or workplace politics in the newsroom.
“I was there when the first African American president was elected, so quite naturally [race] was a big conversation, and a big important part of the conversation,” says Hall, who is also a regular fill-in on NBC’s “Today” show.
“I don’t run from a story because I’m black,” she continues. “I don’t care if someone says, ‘Oh, she’s doing that story because she’s black.’ No, we’re doing the story because it matters, and she happens to be black.”
Continuing our exclusive one-on-one below, Hall talks about how she first got into TV news, how she was “bred for morning TV” and how she keeps it together with guests who come on her show talking crazy.
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here