*One day after Nick Cannon revealed to his morning radio show listeners that he was hospitalized for a second time last week, Mariah Carey’s husband announced that he is stepping down from his daily hosting duties on doctor’s orders.
His resignation is effective immediately, and today marks his final day on air at 92.3 NOW FM’s morning drivetime show, reports E! Online.
“Under doctor’s orders, I have been asked to put my health first and cut back on some of my professional commitments in order to allow my body to get the rest that it needs to keep up with the demands of my multitasking schedule,” he said in a statement on the station’s website this morning.
“It has been an absolute pleasure working with CBS Radio and the 92.3 NOW morning show team and I would like to thank them for their unwavering support.”
However, while Cannon, who was hospitalized for mild kidney failure just after New Year’s, is cutting back his work obligations, he’s certainly not going cold turkey and will continue to work on his national radio gig.
“I will continue to host my syndicated Cannon’s Countdown weekend show and look forward to contributing to 92.3 NOW whenever possible. Even Superman has to sleep.”
While it’s no doubt good news to Mariah and dem babies, it probably won’t be the easiest of transitions for the chronic workaholic.
“A bitter sweet morning,” he tweeted today. “I have to stop my radio show. Doctors orders. The Doctors found blood clots in my lungs and said if I don’t slow down and stop working so hard then it’s a wrap!
“I guess I can’t drive at 200 mph for the whole trip, Time to put the car in cruise control.”
In the meantime, the 31-year-old will continue to serve as host of “America’s Got Talent,” which is currently shooting for a premiere later this year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here