*Actress Nicole Beharie has been added to the cast of “42,” the Legendary Pictures/Warner Bros biopic of baseball’s first black player, Jackie Robinson.
Beharie will play the role of Rachel Isum, who married Jackie in 1946 – a year before he broke baseball’s color barrier.
Last year the actress starred in Fox Searchlight’s “Shame” with Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan. She also appeared last year with Mos Def and Jeffrey Wright on Broadway in John Guare’s Free Man Of Color.
She made her film debut in Samuel Goldwyn’s “American Violet” and appeared in Universal’s “Express.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here