*Actress Nicole Beharie has been added to the cast of “42,” the Legendary Pictures/Warner Bros biopic of baseball’s first black player, Jackie Robinson.
Beharie will play the role of Rachel Isum, who married Jackie in 1946 – a year before he broke baseball’s color barrier.
Last year the actress starred in Fox Searchlight’s “Shame” with Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan. She also appeared last year with Mos Def and Jeffrey Wright on Broadway in John Guare’s Free Man Of Color.
She made her film debut in Samuel Goldwyn’s “American Violet” and appeared in Universal’s “Express.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Coastal Town Being 'Targeted' by Great White Sharks
- NFL Great Jim Brown Celebrates 80th Birthday with Celebs and Family
- Meek Mill Sentenced to House Arrest & Six Years Probation
- Funnee: Will and Jada Called Out for Starting 'Ish' (WATCH)
- Kenya Moore Explains Why Cynthia Bailey 'Deeply Hurt Me' on 'RHOA'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here