*Actress Nicole Beharie has been added to the cast of “42,” the Legendary Pictures/Warner Bros biopic of baseball’s first black player, Jackie Robinson.
Beharie will play the role of Rachel Isum, who married Jackie in 1946 – a year before he broke baseball’s color barrier.
Last year the actress starred in Fox Searchlight’s “Shame” with Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan. She also appeared last year with Mos Def and Jeffrey Wright on Broadway in John Guare’s Free Man Of Color.
She made her film debut in Samuel Goldwyn’s “American Violet” and appeared in Universal’s “Express.”
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Trump Dismisses Ramos, 2 Reporters Murdered in Virginia, Serena Williams New Boo | BHL's This Week
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here