*Actress Nicole Beharie has been added to the cast of “42,” the Legendary Pictures/Warner Bros biopic of baseball’s first black player, Jackie Robinson.
Beharie will play the role of Rachel Isum, who married Jackie in 1946 – a year before he broke baseball’s color barrier.
Last year the actress starred in Fox Searchlight’s “Shame” with Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan. She also appeared last year with Mos Def and Jeffrey Wright on Broadway in John Guare’s Free Man Of Color.
She made her film debut in Samuel Goldwyn’s “American Violet” and appeared in Universal’s “Express.”
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here