*David Swerdlick, a columnist for TheRoot is making the case that President Obama should stand up a run on his record against the eventual GOP presidential nominee which looks more and more like Mitt Romney.
After all Swerdlick argues, the economy’s improving, he’s winning wars and he’s using Romney’s health care plan … so why not take that case to America?
The Harvard Law guy who probably studied for the LSAT in his dad’s governor’s mansion is lecturing the guy who got there on a scholarship about the American dream. And President Barack Obama — the guy who took former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney’s health care plan nationwide — is being called a “failure” by … wait for it … Mitt Romney.
The GOP front-runner has his own problems, getting pilloried this week for telling CNN’s Soledad O’Brien, “I’m not concerned about the very poor — we have a safety net there.” And the president has his problems, too. He’s personally popular, but his job-approval rating languishes at 48 percent.
But conventional wisdom says that Obama will lose the general election if he talks about his own record, and instead, that he should convert the election from a referendum on his first term into a choice between himself and Romney — an uptight “Richie Rich” who’s simply too out of touch to deal head-on with the serious situation the country finds itself in.
In short, Obama should tout his own accomplishments. If he accentuates the positive, Romney’s résumé will still pale in comparison. And if he loses to Romney in the fall, at least he’ll go down taking due credit for what he’s done.
Read/learn MORE at TheRoot.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here