Yep, Pat Buchanan is officially out as a commentator for MSNBC, after being suspended from the network for controversial statements in his most recent book.
The network, in a statement, says it’s severed ties with the conservative icon and former presidential candidate:
“After ten years, we’ve parted ways with Pat Buchanan. We wish him well.”
Buchanan was suspended from MSNBC following the publication of “Suicide of a Superpower,” with eye-catching chapter titles like “The End of White America” and “The Death of Christian America.” Some detractors deemed the book racist and anti-Semitic, though Buchanan denied the allegations.
In a column he wrote on Thursday, Buchanan responded to his detractors thusly:
“All the while prattling about their love of dissent and devotion to the First Amendment, they seek systematically to silence and censor dissent.”
- Raven-Symoné Co-signs Oprah: 'Black Twitter Hates Me'
- Walmart Denies Customer Confederate Flag Cake, OK's ISIS Cake in Error (Video)
- Michael Sam Ends Six-Month Engagement With Fiancé
- 'UnSung Revisited' Debuts Tonight with Full Force & Paul Anthony
- Kem: 25 Years of Sobriety, Opens Up on Overcoming Drug Addiction
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here