*The show must go on! And it did.
Despite of the passing of Whitney Houston, and a lot of consternation, music mogul Clive Davis’ annual pre-Grammy party and showcase went on as scheduled Saturday night.
There were conflicting reports that the event had been cancelled because of Whitney’s death earlier in the day. But after announcements to the contrary, the show did proceed and the stars came out like they always do. Only this time it was to commiserate and celebrate the life of Whitney Houston.
With celebrities including Tony Bennett, Dr. Dre, Mary J. Blige, Jennifer Hudson in attendance, a somber Davis, reading from a sheet of paper, said: “I am personally devastated by the loss of someone who has meant so much to me. She was full of life, looking forward for tonight. She loved music and she loved this night that celebrated music.”
He added: “Whitney was a beautiful person and she had a talent beyond compare. She graced this stage … so many times. So simply put: Whitney would have wanted the music to go on.”
He dedicated the evening to her and asked for a moment of silence as a photo of the 48-year-old, hands wide open, looking to the sky, appeared on the screen.
Then, he said with excitement: “Now ladies and gentlemen, let the music begin.”
Below is a smattering of photos of those in the house for Saturday night’s event.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here