*”The Voice” airs Super Bowl XLVI Sunday, February 5th on NBC after the big game (approximately 10-11 p.m. EST).
Then the show resumes in its regular day and time on Monday, February 6 (8-10 p.m. EST). This Sunday however will be a super Sunday indeed for Memphis, Tennessee.
They will be rooting for Memphis Blues singer and guitarist Preston Shannon (pictured). He has been hailed as the reigning “King of Beale Street” and will appear on the NBC hit vocal competition series “The Voice.” The show features industry experts Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton as coaches and team leaders to the guests on the show.
Preston will perform on the season debut following Super Bowl XLVI. Leading up to this, Shannon has been busy working on an Elmore James blues CD and he just completed a new single, ‘Working Man Blues’ by Memphis songwriter/screenwriter Lawrence Wayne with producer Ray Nelson. The single is due February 2012 and tells the narrative of hard working men and women who are dealing with economic struggles.
Songrwriter Lawrence Wayne states this about the experience: “This is a great opportunity to write for a legendary blues singer Preston Shannon, giving national attention to the Memphis music scene.”
Mr. Wayne is also the Executive Producer of Memphis based Southern Black Writers and Artists Film Festival. He also had this so say about the new music venture: “This is our first R&B blues single and we’re happy for Preston to launch it.” Another Memphian will appear on “The Voice” and she is vocalist/violinist Kimberly Yarborough. Other noted but under recognized Memphis musicians include: extraordinary vocalist Wendy Moten, composer Carlton D. Leake, and the Queen of Beale Street Miss Ruby Wilson, among many others. Currently producer Ray Nelson is hoping that the nation will see what Memphis already knows, that a new king has come and he’s been singing the blues a long time.
For more info, email: [email protected]
Check out Shannon here:
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here