*OWN has announced that its breakout reality hit “Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s” and new series “Beverly’s Full House,” following two strong modern matriarchs and their families, will premiere back-to-back on Saturday, March 31.
“Sweetie Pie’s” airs from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT, followed by “Beverly’s Full House” from 10-11 p.m. ET/PT. [Scroll down to watch promos.]
Returning with all-new episodes, “Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s” follows former Ikette Miss Robbie Montgomery and her dynamic family at their St. Louis soul food restaurant Sweetie Pie’s.
In the season 2 premiere, Miss Robbie and her family prepare to welcome home baby T.J. after a prolonged stay in the hospital. To help ease the transition, Tim and Jenae move the whole family into Miss Robbie’s home. Tim – bowled over by the potential to have a live-in babysitter in his mother – pushes to make the move permanent, but Miss Robbie isn’t so enthused.
Meanwhile, the mother-son conflict is amplified as the pair butt heads over the construction of their new restaurant, Sweetie Pie’s – The Upper Crust.
In the audio below, Miss Robbie reveals what restaurant names she threw out before deciding on Sweetie Pie’s.
“Beverly’s Full House” follows what happens when three generations of supermodel Beverly Johnson’s family come together under one roof. Eight one-hour episodes follow Johnson as she steps out of her role as glamorous fashion icon and opens her home to her daughter Anansa (a plus-size model), son-in-law David (a former NFL player) and their newborn baby Ava, in an effort to reconnect with her daughter and to help her growing family during a tough economy.
In the premiere episode, Beverly is a flurry of nerves and excitement as she prepares for Anansa’s arrival. The move doesn’t go as smoothly as planned with tensions soon flaring over Ava’s christening, an uncomfortable mattress and a misinterpreted remark.
Beverly and Anansa’s relationship is complex and being back under one roof brings up unresolved issues from the past. The rocky start leaves Anansa and David wondering if moving in was the right decision.
Below, OWN Fall Sneak Peek: Sweetie Pie’s and Beverly’s Full House
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here