*Discussions are said to be in the early stages between Janet Jackson and the producers of “The X Factor” for her to join the judging panel alongside executive producer Simon Cowell and Antonio “L.A.’ Reid.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, any talks “are currently in the preliminary stages, as Cowell holds meetings this week with potential candidates to fill the shoes of ousted judges Paula Abdul, Nicole Scherzinger and host Steve Jones.”
Another source tells THR that Pink is high on Cowell’s wish list. The singer, whose real name is Alicia Moore, has credibility, Grammy Awards and sass, plus “she can take on Simon,” the source said. As previously reported, Cowell is also interested in Katy Perry, telling Extra, “I worked with Katy once. I think she would be fun because she is hard — in a good way — and she’s feisty.”
As for Ms. Jackson, she was coy on the subject Thursday when pressed about it by Anderson Cooper.
“Oh my God,” the 45-year-old laughed on-air. “No I’m not a judge on The X Factor.”
“You’re not currently a judge on The X Factor,” responded Cooper.
“No, I am not,” said Jackson. “But that’s all I really think I should say.”
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here