*Discussions are said to be in the early stages between Janet Jackson and the producers of “The X Factor” for her to join the judging panel alongside executive producer Simon Cowell and Antonio “L.A.’ Reid.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, any talks “are currently in the preliminary stages, as Cowell holds meetings this week with potential candidates to fill the shoes of ousted judges Paula Abdul, Nicole Scherzinger and host Steve Jones.”
Another source tells THR that Pink is high on Cowell’s wish list. The singer, whose real name is Alicia Moore, has credibility, Grammy Awards and sass, plus “she can take on Simon,” the source said. As previously reported, Cowell is also interested in Katy Perry, telling Extra, “I worked with Katy once. I think she would be fun because she is hard — in a good way — and she’s feisty.”
As for Ms. Jackson, she was coy on the subject Thursday when pressed about it by Anderson Cooper.
“Oh my God,” the 45-year-old laughed on-air. “No I’m not a judge on The X Factor.”
“You’re not currently a judge on The X Factor,” responded Cooper.
“No, I am not,” said Jackson. “But that’s all I really think I should say.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Report: Tyga Hooked Up With Same Porn Star as Charlie Sheen; Jenners in 'Meltdown Mode'
- MC Lyte: Fetty Wap is Hip Hop’s Most Feminist Rapper (Watch)
- Cynthia Robinson of Sly and the Family Stone Dies at 69
- Woman Admits She Was 'Angry at Life' When She Stabbed Stranger in Store to Death ... WTF?
- Mystery Surrounds South African Child in Chris Rock’s Family
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here