*Discussions are said to be in the early stages between Janet Jackson and the producers of “The X Factor” for her to join the judging panel alongside executive producer Simon Cowell and Antonio “L.A.’ Reid.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, any talks “are currently in the preliminary stages, as Cowell holds meetings this week with potential candidates to fill the shoes of ousted judges Paula Abdul, Nicole Scherzinger and host Steve Jones.”
Another source tells THR that Pink is high on Cowell’s wish list. The singer, whose real name is Alicia Moore, has credibility, Grammy Awards and sass, plus “she can take on Simon,” the source said. As previously reported, Cowell is also interested in Katy Perry, telling Extra, “I worked with Katy once. I think she would be fun because she is hard — in a good way — and she’s feisty.”
As for Ms. Jackson, she was coy on the subject Thursday when pressed about it by Anderson Cooper.
“Oh my God,” the 45-year-old laughed on-air. “No I’m not a judge on The X Factor.”
“You’re not currently a judge on The X Factor,” responded Cooper.
“No, I am not,” said Jackson. “But that’s all I really think I should say.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- President Obama Crashes Wedding at San Diego Golf Course (Watch)
- Taraji P. Henson Slays November Cover of Essence
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- T.I. Apologizes for ‘Insensitive’ Comments About Female President
- Baltimore PD Can’t Find Record of Ben Carson Being Held Up at Popeyes
- Suge Knight, Katt Williams Will Face Trial in Robbery Case
- Flavor Flav Pleads Guilty Over Traffic Stop En Route to Mom’s Funeral
- Preview a Clip of Niecy Nash in Tonight's SCREAM QUEENS: 'Pumpkin Patch' - WATCH!
- First Look: Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion from ‘The Wiz Live!’ (Pics)
- Columbus Short, Vivica A. Fox, Evan Ross Set for ‘True to the Game’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here