*Discussions are said to be in the early stages between Janet Jackson and the producers of “The X Factor” for her to join the judging panel alongside executive producer Simon Cowell and Antonio “L.A.’ Reid.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, any talks “are currently in the preliminary stages, as Cowell holds meetings this week with potential candidates to fill the shoes of ousted judges Paula Abdul, Nicole Scherzinger and host Steve Jones.”
Another source tells THR that Pink is high on Cowell’s wish list. The singer, whose real name is Alicia Moore, has credibility, Grammy Awards and sass, plus “she can take on Simon,” the source said. As previously reported, Cowell is also interested in Katy Perry, telling Extra, “I worked with Katy once. I think she would be fun because she is hard — in a good way — and she’s feisty.”
As for Ms. Jackson, she was coy on the subject Thursday when pressed about it by Anderson Cooper.
“Oh my God,” the 45-year-old laughed on-air. “No I’m not a judge on The X Factor.”
“You’re not currently a judge on The X Factor,” responded Cooper.
“No, I am not,” said Jackson. “But that’s all I really think I should say.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here