*Discussions are said to be in the early stages between Janet Jackson and the producers of “The X Factor” for her to join the judging panel alongside executive producer Simon Cowell and Antonio “L.A.’ Reid.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, any talks “are currently in the preliminary stages, as Cowell holds meetings this week with potential candidates to fill the shoes of ousted judges Paula Abdul, Nicole Scherzinger and host Steve Jones.”
Another source tells THR that Pink is high on Cowell’s wish list. The singer, whose real name is Alicia Moore, has credibility, Grammy Awards and sass, plus “she can take on Simon,” the source said. As previously reported, Cowell is also interested in Katy Perry, telling Extra, “I worked with Katy once. I think she would be fun because she is hard — in a good way — and she’s feisty.”
As for Ms. Jackson, she was coy on the subject Thursday when pressed about it by Anderson Cooper.
“Oh my God,” the 45-year-old laughed on-air. “No I’m not a judge on The X Factor.”
“You’re not currently a judge on The X Factor,” responded Cooper.
“No, I am not,” said Jackson. “But that’s all I really think I should say.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here