*Roberta Flack has reached out to relatives of a slain New York City teen and offered to offset the costs of the boy’s funeral services following his sudden death last week.
Unarmed 18-year-old Ramarley Graham was shot dead by police in his Bronx apartment on Thursday. Officer Richard Haste and Sergeant Scott Morris have been placed on modified duty (stripped of their guns and badges) during the investigation into the shooting.
The boy’s story caught the attention of Flack, who met with Graham’s grieving family members over the weekend to offer her condolences and a $500 contribution towards a donation drive started by Al Sharpton.
She told reporters, “(The Grahams) are carrying on together as a group to express their outrage. They are carrying on together to get justice.”
According to the New York Post, a grand jury may be convened to consider criminal charges against the officers.
Activists planned a candlelight vigil in honor of the slain teen for Monday.
Graham was fatally shot once in the chest by police in the bathroom of his apartment Thursday after being chased there by cops. His grandmother Patricia Hartley, 58, was home and witnessed the shooting. The teen died at Montefiore Medical Center.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Steven Ivory: Maurice White’s Forever Hip Place
- Sheryl Lee Ralph: 'Where's My NAACP Image Award?' (WATCH)
- Stevie J Brags to Nick Cannon He Sexed Mariah Carey ... Twice!
- One-Year-Old Dies, After Being Shot in the Face in Compton
- Jay Z's Drug Dealer Past Thrown at Beyonce by TV Host Tomi Lahren
- Former Atlanta Vice Mayor Lisa Borders Named New WNBA President
- Does Bernie Sanders Meeting Al Sharpton Equal More Black Voter Support?
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here