*Roberta Flack has reached out to relatives of a slain New York City teen and offered to offset the costs of the boy’s funeral services following his sudden death last week.
Unarmed 18-year-old Ramarley Graham was shot dead by police in his Bronx apartment on Thursday. Officer Richard Haste and Sergeant Scott Morris have been placed on modified duty (stripped of their guns and badges) during the investigation into the shooting.
The boy’s story caught the attention of Flack, who met with Graham’s grieving family members over the weekend to offer her condolences and a $500 contribution towards a donation drive started by Al Sharpton.
She told reporters, “(The Grahams) are carrying on together as a group to express their outrage. They are carrying on together to get justice.”
According to the New York Post, a grand jury may be convened to consider criminal charges against the officers.
Activists planned a candlelight vigil in honor of the slain teen for Monday.
Graham was fatally shot once in the chest by police in the bathroom of his apartment Thursday after being chased there by cops. His grandmother Patricia Hartley, 58, was home and witnessed the shooting. The teen died at Montefiore Medical Center.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here