*Roberta Flack has reached out to relatives of a slain New York City teen and offered to offset the costs of the boy’s funeral services following his sudden death last week.
Unarmed 18-year-old Ramarley Graham was shot dead by police in his Bronx apartment on Thursday. Officer Richard Haste and Sergeant Scott Morris have been placed on modified duty (stripped of their guns and badges) during the investigation into the shooting.
The boy’s story caught the attention of Flack, who met with Graham’s grieving family members over the weekend to offer her condolences and a $500 contribution towards a donation drive started by Al Sharpton.
She told reporters, “(The Grahams) are carrying on together as a group to express their outrage. They are carrying on together to get justice.”
According to the New York Post, a grand jury may be convened to consider criminal charges against the officers.
Activists planned a candlelight vigil in honor of the slain teen for Monday.
Graham was fatally shot once in the chest by police in the bathroom of his apartment Thursday after being chased there by cops. His grandmother Patricia Hartley, 58, was home and witnessed the shooting. The teen died at Montefiore Medical Center.
- A Hate Crime is a Hate Crime No Matter the Color of the Perpetrator
- EUR Tech Review: Samsung 2015: The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Plus (VIDEO)
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here