*As previously reported, Robin Thicke paid tribute to Whitney Houston by sharing a cover of the late singer’s “Exhale (Shoop Shoop)” over the weekend, recording the song with just a piano and vocals. [Scroll down to listen.]
Furthermore, he changed the lyrics – which were originally written in third person – to first, in order to make it a purely personal tribute.
“I was thinking about Whitney and how incredible she was and remembered I had recorded this song years ago but never released it,” he told MTV News. “When I listened to it again, I was overcome by emotion, because the lyrics express everything I’m feeling right now.”
“That’s what was so special about Whitney, she had an amazing ability to connect to all of us and at the same time make us feel inspired,” he continued. “We love Whitney Houston and always will.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Terrence Howard Repays Rapper Petey Pablo with Role on 'Empire'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here