*As previously reported, Robin Thicke paid tribute to Whitney Houston by sharing a cover of the late singer’s “Exhale (Shoop Shoop)” over the weekend, recording the song with just a piano and vocals. [Scroll down to listen.]
Furthermore, he changed the lyrics – which were originally written in third person – to first, in order to make it a purely personal tribute.
“I was thinking about Whitney and how incredible she was and remembered I had recorded this song years ago but never released it,” he told MTV News. “When I listened to it again, I was overcome by emotion, because the lyrics express everything I’m feeling right now.”
“That’s what was so special about Whitney, she had an amazing ability to connect to all of us and at the same time make us feel inspired,” he continued. “We love Whitney Houston and always will.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here