*As previously reported, Robin Thicke paid tribute to Whitney Houston by sharing a cover of the late singer’s “Exhale (Shoop Shoop)” over the weekend, recording the song with just a piano and vocals. [Scroll down to listen.]
Furthermore, he changed the lyrics – which were originally written in third person – to first, in order to make it a purely personal tribute.
“I was thinking about Whitney and how incredible she was and remembered I had recorded this song years ago but never released it,” he told MTV News. “When I listened to it again, I was overcome by emotion, because the lyrics express everything I’m feeling right now.”
“That’s what was so special about Whitney, she had an amazing ability to connect to all of us and at the same time make us feel inspired,” he continued. “We love Whitney Houston and always will.”
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- NBC Fires Donald Trump Over Racist Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Bails from BET Awards Over Stage Demotion
- Cameron Turner: More White Folks Need to Listen To Us
- Female EMT 'Fired' for Refusal to Support Baby in Distress (Child Dies)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here