*As previously reported, Robin Thicke paid tribute to Whitney Houston by sharing a cover of the late singer’s “Exhale (Shoop Shoop)” over the weekend, recording the song with just a piano and vocals. [Scroll down to listen.]
Furthermore, he changed the lyrics – which were originally written in third person – to first, in order to make it a purely personal tribute.
“I was thinking about Whitney and how incredible she was and remembered I had recorded this song years ago but never released it,” he told MTV News. “When I listened to it again, I was overcome by emotion, because the lyrics express everything I’m feeling right now.”
“That’s what was so special about Whitney, she had an amazing ability to connect to all of us and at the same time make us feel inspired,” he continued. “We love Whitney Houston and always will.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here