Although there’s no confirmation about the new line-up, the show’s producer shot down rumors of bringing Beyonce to the show for $100 million a year.
“No! I have no idea where this rumor came from. I read it online that I offered her $100 million a year. It’s completely nonsense. The budget of the show is $100 million. No one’s going to pay $100 million for someone,” Cowell told former girlfriend and Extra correspondent Terri Seymour in a recent interview.
Well Simon, we’ll tell you where the rumor emanated from: the online ish starter, Media Take Out, who else? Only they said the offer was $500 million! But we digress
He also denied that bringing Elton John aboard, which he says would also “be quite absurd.”
Mariah Carey isn’t an option either.
“No, she’s not on the list because I don’t think Mariah would make that commitment. I really, really don’t. She’s just had kids. Like I said, you have to work five days a week on this show and you’ve got to do all the traveling as well,” Cowell explained.
But he is thinking about Madonna and Katy Perry.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here