*Tickets are available to see Smokey Robinson perform at the historic Kennedy Center in Washington next month as part of the 2012 Performance Series of Legends benefit concert for DC’s Duke Ellington School of the Arts.
Founded in 1974, the high school is the only one inside the Beltway that offers pre-professional arts training and college preparation. It serves more than 500 students and has maintained a 98% graduation rate over the past 35 years.
Past artists who have participated in the Performance Series of Legends include Dave Chappelle, Denyce Graves, Stevie Wonder and Earth Wind &Fire.
“These artists’ willingness to give back their time, resources and inspiration through this Performance Series provides Duke Ellington students with valuable exposure and customized artistic direction,” states Head of School/CEO Rory Pullens. “Their contributions have also provided a source of revenue that allows us to continue our important mission of providing arts education excellence to deserving students who wouldn’t otherwise have this opportunity.”
The concert will take place on Saturday, March 3 at 7:30 pm in the Kennedy Center’s Concert Hall. General ticket sales (from $50 -$150) will be available at the Kennedy Center Box Office or at www.kennedy-center.org. VIP tickets are available for $500 at the office of the Ellington Fund. Benefit sponsorship packages are available from $2,500 to $100,000. Contact the Ellington Fund at 202-333-2555 or [email protected] for both.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here