*Tickets are available to see Smokey Robinson perform at the historic Kennedy Center in Washington next month as part of the 2012 Performance Series of Legends benefit concert for DC’s Duke Ellington School of the Arts.
Founded in 1974, the high school is the only one inside the Beltway that offers pre-professional arts training and college preparation. It serves more than 500 students and has maintained a 98% graduation rate over the past 35 years.
Past artists who have participated in the Performance Series of Legends include Dave Chappelle, Denyce Graves, Stevie Wonder and Earth Wind &Fire.
“These artists’ willingness to give back their time, resources and inspiration through this Performance Series provides Duke Ellington students with valuable exposure and customized artistic direction,” states Head of School/CEO Rory Pullens. “Their contributions have also provided a source of revenue that allows us to continue our important mission of providing arts education excellence to deserving students who wouldn’t otherwise have this opportunity.”
The concert will take place on Saturday, March 3 at 7:30 pm in the Kennedy Center’s Concert Hall. General ticket sales (from $50 -$150) will be available at the Kennedy Center Box Office or at www.kennedy-center.org. VIP tickets are available for $500 at the office of the Ellington Fund. Benefit sponsorship packages are available from $2,500 to $100,000. Contact the Ellington Fund at 202-333-2555 or [email protected] for both.
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Bobbi Kristina: Grave Being Prepared; Alleged Former Drug Dealer Dies of Overdose
- Chris Brown Files Paternity Papers to Thwart Baby Mama's Support Demands
- Rihanna Drops 'BBHMM' Video; Kidnaps Fans for Tidal Launch (Watch)
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Crazy Mom who Killed Her Kids: 'I'd Do it Again!' (Disturbing Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here