*The devastating news of Whitney Houston’s death is still very fresh and painful to her family, friends and fans. But, after her body is committed to the ground and the dust settles will it be business as usual? It shouldn’t be.
It’s time to talk about the crushing effects of fame and the drug infestation in the entertainment world.
Monday night, Lawrence O’Donnell dedicated his entire show to the memory of Whitney Houston and Toure’ gave a perspective that some might see as controversial.
He said that Whitney and other African American celebrities have the immense pressure on their shoulders to do well and stay well for fear of returning to poverty.
But, who said that all black entertainers came from poverty, Toure? In fact, many were born and raised in middle class families. In my opinion, his sweeping summation is erroneous.
Whitney Houston comes from a middle class family that is legendary in the music industry.
He went on to say that him and Questlove of the Roots had a conversation after the Grammys that seems like Toure should have kept to himself out of respect to Questlove and his private thoughts on the matter of black celebrities: (Read/see more HERE.)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here