*Michelle Obama’s west coast swing rolled through “Ellen” on Wednesday, where she danced her way to the stage, touted her healthy eating and fitness program … and accepted a push-up challenge from host Ellen DeGeneres.
Yes, the first lady got down and did 25 in front of the studio audience Wednesday, beating Ellen in the process. The episode airs today (Feb. 2).
The challenge started off with Ellen innocently asking, “How many push up can you do? I like to do a push up.”
Says Michelle Obama, “I don’t know. I can do some. Can you?”
Replies Ellen, “I can do some. I’m just wondering if you could do more push ups than I can do?”
“It depends on how your back is,” says Mrs. O. “I know that you have these back issues.”
Ellen says, “No, no.” And the two stand up, take off their jackets and start doing push-ups.
Afterward, Ellen says, “That was amazing…How many was that for her?”
“25” responds the audience
“I thought it wouldn’t be good to show off the first lady so I stopped,” quipped DeGeneres after quitting. “I thought this looks bad that I’m going to beat her. I’m 54 and you’re 48.”
Obama has been in Los Angeles promoting her “Let’s Move” campaign and on one of her stops, she brought food from the White House kitchen garden for to show host Jay Leno in a visit to “The Tonight Show” on Tuesday. She also visited a neighborhood market that plans to increase the availability of fruits and vegetables to customers.
On “Ellen,” Obama also revealed some bedroom secrets regarding husband, the president.
He can be somewhat messy.
“He doesn’t pick up his socks,” she said in response to a question sent in from a viewer.
“He thinks he’s neat but he has people who help him. I’m like, ‘it’s not you that’s neat. It’s the people who pick up your socks. Those are the neat people,'” she told DeGeneres.
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here