*Deadline Hollywood is reporting that TBS has ordered 35 additional episodes of Tyler Perry’s latest sitcom, “Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse,” which revolves around three couples at various stages of their relationships.
The comedy, produced by Tyler Perry Studios and distributed by Debmar-Mercury, premiered on TBS on Nov. 25, 2011 and averaged 2.9 million viewers and 1.6 million adults 18-49 for its 10-episode first season.
Despite tracking lower than Perry’s previous two TBS sitcoms, “House Of Payne” and “Meet The Browns,” “For Better Or Worse” still ranked as basic cable’s No.1 sitcom of 2011 and the No.1 show on all of television with African-American adults.
“Tyler Perry’s shows have proven to be a popular draw for TBS on Friday nights,” said TNT and TBS’ head of original programming Michael Wright. “We’re very happy to keep that trend going by ordering more episodes of Tyler Perry’s For Better Or Worse.”
The pickup means that all three Perry shows produced under the Debmar-Mercury 10-90 model have gone beyond the initial 10-epsiode run on TBS. However, the backup orders have varied, with the 35-episode one for “For Better Or Worse” being the smallest so far. It doesn’t bring the total to a syndicate amount, something Debmar-Mercury needs for broadcast syndication distribution.
Based on the Perry’s “Why Did I Get Married” movies, “For Better Or Worse” stars Tasha Smith, Michael Jai White, Crystle Stewart, Kent Faulcon, Kiki Haynes and Jason Olive. “Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse” will return to its Friday night timeslot this summer.
In other TP news, the filmmaker was a guest on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” Tuesday night to promote his new film “Good Deeds,” which opens Feb. 24. Watch clips from the appearance below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here