*Forget ‘LINsanity. Award season has been VIOLAted – in a good way of course – with long overdue accolades for “The Help” star Viola Davis.
For the past two months, she and her talented co-star Octavia Spencer have been making the obligatory talk show rounds to promote the film, as well as their Oscar nominations for best actress and best supporting actress, respectively.
And apparently were just getting started.
On the heels of Oprah Winfrey’s interview with the ladies last week as part of her two-hour “Oscar Special,” Viola and Octavia will be grilled as part of ABC’s Oscar-themed “20/20,” dubbed “Before They Were Famous, with Robin Roberts.” Airing Wednesday (Feb. 22) at 10 p.m., the program also includes never-before-seen photos, clips and recently-uncovered home video of several Oscar nominees. [See photo below.]
Then, on Friday at 10 p.m., BET sits down with Viola and Octavia for its first-ever Oscar special “BET Takes Hollywood.” “Access Hollywood’s” Shaun Robinson will interview the pair as part of an overall look at African American talent as it relates to the Academy Awards, past and present.
“The Help” even manages to pop up on this week’s special movie-themed “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.” [Check local listings.] At some point between Monday and Thursday on the daytime game show, a contestant will be asked the following:
In the 2011 film “The Help,” Emma Stone’s character Eugenia Phelan is known by what nickname? (A) Sunny; (B) Doodles; (C) Buzzy; (D) Skeeter
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here