*Forget ‘LINsanity. Award season has been VIOLAted – in a good way of course – with long overdue accolades for “The Help” star Viola Davis.
For the past two months, she and her talented co-star Octavia Spencer have been making the obligatory talk show rounds to promote the film, as well as their Oscar nominations for best actress and best supporting actress, respectively.
And apparently were just getting started.
On the heels of Oprah Winfrey’s interview with the ladies last week as part of her two-hour “Oscar Special,” Viola and Octavia will be grilled as part of ABC’s Oscar-themed “20/20,” dubbed “Before They Were Famous, with Robin Roberts.” Airing Wednesday (Feb. 22) at 10 p.m., the program also includes never-before-seen photos, clips and recently-uncovered home video of several Oscar nominees. [See photo below.]
Then, on Friday at 10 p.m., BET sits down with Viola and Octavia for its first-ever Oscar special “BET Takes Hollywood.” “Access Hollywood’s” Shaun Robinson will interview the pair as part of an overall look at African American talent as it relates to the Academy Awards, past and present.
“The Help” even manages to pop up on this week’s special movie-themed “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.” [Check local listings.] At some point between Monday and Thursday on the daytime game show, a contestant will be asked the following:
In the 2011 film “The Help,” Emma Stone’s character Eugenia Phelan is known by what nickname? (A) Sunny; (B) Doodles; (C) Buzzy; (D) Skeeter
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Bobbi Kristina: Grave Being Prepared; Alleged Former Drug Dealer Dies of Overdose
- Chris Brown Files Paternity Papers to Thwart Baby Mama's Support Demands
- Rihanna Drops 'BBHMM' Video; Kidnaps Fans for Tidal Launch (Watch)
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here