*Forget ‘LINsanity. Award season has been VIOLAted – in a good way of course – with long overdue accolades for “The Help” star Viola Davis.
For the past two months, she and her talented co-star Octavia Spencer have been making the obligatory talk show rounds to promote the film, as well as their Oscar nominations for best actress and best supporting actress, respectively.
And apparently were just getting started.
On the heels of Oprah Winfrey’s interview with the ladies last week as part of her two-hour “Oscar Special,” Viola and Octavia will be grilled as part of ABC’s Oscar-themed “20/20,” dubbed “Before They Were Famous, with Robin Roberts.” Airing Wednesday (Feb. 22) at 10 p.m., the program also includes never-before-seen photos, clips and recently-uncovered home video of several Oscar nominees. [See photo below.]
Then, on Friday at 10 p.m., BET sits down with Viola and Octavia for its first-ever Oscar special “BET Takes Hollywood.” “Access Hollywood’s” Shaun Robinson will interview the pair as part of an overall look at African American talent as it relates to the Academy Awards, past and present.
“The Help” even manages to pop up on this week’s special movie-themed “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.” [Check local listings.] At some point between Monday and Thursday on the daytime game show, a contestant will be asked the following:
In the 2011 film “The Help,” Emma Stone’s character Eugenia Phelan is known by what nickname? (A) Sunny; (B) Doodles; (C) Buzzy; (D) Skeeter
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here