*Nestled among the millions of fans who watch the morally corrupt shenanigans of the Gallagher family in Showtime’s “Shameless” are two church communities in South Carolina that one could argue … follow the show religiously.
In fact, the pastor of the two congregations in question – Liberty Hill Christian Church in Ridgeville and Briner Christian Church in Holly Hill – is very supportive of the show and makes a point to tune in every Sunday at 10 p.m. for new episodes, as do many of his parishioners.
This is because blood is thicker than Hollywood for Rev. Gralin N. Hampton, whose daughter Shanola Hampton plays the feisty next door neighbor, Veronica Fisher, in the Showtime series.
Although Veronica has a good heart and would do anything for the dysfunctional Gallagher family next door, let’s be clear – she is about as far from church-appropriate as a character can get.
“Shameless” stars William H. Macy as Frank Gallagher, an alcoholic single father of six children – the oldest 21, the youngest a toddler. He spends his days drunk, leaving his kids to fend for themselves. Veronica, who is best friends with the eldest child Fiona (Emmy Rossum), is always willing to lend a hand when needed – and the Gallaghers are always in some kind of need.
But Veronica’s personal life keeps her just as busy. And much of the time, her shenanigans involve something kinky with her husband, Kev. [See photo above and video clip below.]
In an exclusive interview with EURweb below, Shanola says her character’s sexcapades could never cause her to lose the unwavering support of her father, his two churches and her entire family back home – including her 83-year-old grandmother.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here