*Nestled among the millions of fans who watch the morally corrupt shenanigans of the Gallagher family in Showtime’s “Shameless” are two church communities in South Carolina that one could argue … follow the show religiously.
In fact, the pastor of the two congregations in question – Liberty Hill Christian Church in Ridgeville and Briner Christian Church in Holly Hill – is very supportive of the show and makes a point to tune in every Sunday at 10 p.m. for new episodes, as do many of his parishioners.
This is because blood is thicker than Hollywood for Rev. Gralin N. Hampton, whose daughter Shanola Hampton plays the feisty next door neighbor, Veronica Fisher, in the Showtime series.
Although Veronica has a good heart and would do anything for the dysfunctional Gallagher family next door, let’s be clear – she is about as far from church-appropriate as a character can get.
“Shameless” stars William H. Macy as Frank Gallagher, an alcoholic single father of six children – the oldest 21, the youngest a toddler. He spends his days drunk, leaving his kids to fend for themselves. Veronica, who is best friends with the eldest child Fiona (Emmy Rossum), is always willing to lend a hand when needed – and the Gallaghers are always in some kind of need.
But Veronica’s personal life keeps her just as busy. And much of the time, her shenanigans involve something kinky with her husband, Kev. [See photo above and video clip below.]
In an exclusive interview with EURweb below, Shanola says her character’s sexcapades could never cause her to lose the unwavering support of her father, his two churches and her entire family back home – including her 83-year-old grandmother.
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here