Read more about the death here.
Another life ends at such an early age; and while details have yet to be disclosed; many speculate drugs may be involved in the death.
Here at EURweb we decided to produce a list of 10 facts you probably didn’t know about the legendary singer.
Check them out below:
1. Where was she born?
The singer was born on August 9, 1963 and her zodiac sign is Leo. She was born in Newark, New Jersey.
2. Who is her famous cousin?
3. What is her favorite color?
Whitney Houston’s favorite color is lavender.
4. Classic Album.
Her self-titled debut album is listed as one of the 500 greatest albums of all-time by Rolling Stone and is on the Rock N Roll’s Hall of Fame definitive 200 album list.
5. I Will Always Love You!
“I Will Always Love You” is the best-selling single by a female artist, and the biggest- selling non-charity single of all time, with world sales of nearly nine million copies.
6. The Lead Actress?
Whitney went from being to the Queen of Pop to a lead actress in 3 high grossing films: The Bodyguard, Waiting to Exhale and the Preacher’s Wife. The Bodyguard grossed over $400 million worldwide.
7. School Named After Her.
Whitney has a school named after her (1997) – formerly Franklin School, now the Whitney E. Houston School of Creative and Performing Arts in her hometown of East Orange, New Jersey.
8. Drug Rehab and Divorce.
In 2005 and ’06, Houston entered two drug rehab programs after she admitted to using hard drugs like cocaine. She also divorced her then husband Bobby Brown in 2007. Many felt both of them were using drugs.
9. One Of Each.
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, she is the only artist with at least one Grammy, Emmy, MTV Video Music Award, MTV Movie Award, People’s Choice Award, and Billboard Music Award, making her “The Most Awarded Female Artist of All Time.”
10. Whitney Houston Clinic.
The National Birth Defect Center in Boston re-named their clinic the Whitney Houston Hearing and Language Disorder Clinic.
Whitney recently completed filming for the remake of the 1976 classic “Sparkle” starring Jordin Sparks, in which she plays Sparkle’s mother. The film will be released on August 17, 2012 by Columbia Pictures.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Butt-Injection Death of Bronx Non-profit Executive Ruled 'A Homicide'
- NBAer James Harden Proclaims: ‘I Am the Best Player in the League’
- Woman Punched by CHP Officer Arrested Again on Same Freeway!
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Roseburg, Oregon Publisher Declares Pres. Obama is 'Not Welcome’ (WATCH)
- Online Tools and Resources Every Small Business - Entrepreneur Should Have
- Syreeta 'The Trumpet Lady' Thompson Releases Digital Single
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here