Read more about the death here.
Another life ends at such an early age; and while details have yet to be disclosed; many speculate drugs may be involved in the death.
Here at EURweb we decided to produce a list of 10 facts you probably didn’t know about the legendary singer.
Check them out below:
1. Where was she born?
The singer was born on August 9, 1963 and her zodiac sign is Leo. She was born in Newark, New Jersey.
2. Who is her famous cousin?
3. What is her favorite color?
Whitney Houston’s favorite color is lavender.
4. Classic Album.
Her self-titled debut album is listed as one of the 500 greatest albums of all-time by Rolling Stone and is on the Rock N Roll’s Hall of Fame definitive 200 album list.
5. I Will Always Love You!
“I Will Always Love You” is the best-selling single by a female artist, and the biggest- selling non-charity single of all time, with world sales of nearly nine million copies.
6. The Lead Actress?
Whitney went from being to the Queen of Pop to a lead actress in 3 high grossing films: The Bodyguard, Waiting to Exhale and the Preacher’s Wife. The Bodyguard grossed over $400 million worldwide.
7. School Named After Her.
Whitney has a school named after her (1997) – formerly Franklin School, now the Whitney E. Houston School of Creative and Performing Arts in her hometown of East Orange, New Jersey.
8. Drug Rehab and Divorce.
In 2005 and ’06, Houston entered two drug rehab programs after she admitted to using hard drugs like cocaine. She also divorced her then husband Bobby Brown in 2007. Many felt both of them were using drugs.
9. One Of Each.
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, she is the only artist with at least one Grammy, Emmy, MTV Video Music Award, MTV Movie Award, People’s Choice Award, and Billboard Music Award, making her “The Most Awarded Female Artist of All Time.”
10. Whitney Houston Clinic.
The National Birth Defect Center in Boston re-named their clinic the Whitney Houston Hearing and Language Disorder Clinic.
Whitney recently completed filming for the remake of the 1976 classic “Sparkle” starring Jordin Sparks, in which she plays Sparkle’s mother. The film will be released on August 17, 2012 by Columbia Pictures.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here