A source close to Houston told E! News, officials are likely to rule it an accident.
The actual cause of death is temporarily listed as “deferred” on the death certificate pending the results of toxicology reports.
Nothing suspicious has been found thus far however.
The source also pointed out that, “she had no marks on her body whatsoever to indicate a struggle, and she was the furthest thing from trying to kill herself.”
Officials reported a few bottles of prescription drugs in her hotel room, but nothing looked unusual at the scene of her death.
The singer’s family always believed her death was accidental and was not a result of deliberate action taken by Houston—or anyone else, according to the insider.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here