*On the Thursday before Whitney Houston died, she reportedly had a contentious exchange with her ex-boyfriend Ray-J and former “X Factor” finalist Stacy Francis, who had credited Houston as her inspiration and had been pulled onstage to sing with her in 1999 during a concert, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
As widely reported, Houston was a guest at Grammy nominee Kelly Price’s party, “Kelly Price and Friends Unplugged: For the Love of R&B Grammy Party” at the nightclub, Tru Hollywood. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Houston and Francis were re-introduced at the party and all seemed fine until Ray J, who had dated Houston on-and-off for several years, entered the conversation.
“Whitney just got belligerent,” a witness told The Hollywood Reporter. “Ray was trying to defend Stacy, telling Whitney, ‘Stacy’s family!’, but Whitney was feeling crowded out and hands were raised.”
Photos taken later that night showed Houston with blood drops on her leg and scratches on her wrist.
Kelly Price defended reports of Houston’s look while exiting her party, telling ABC News, “It was a great event and she left sweaty, and I have heard the word ‘disheveled.’ That’s about right. When you stand for three hours and in that time period you are dancing. You would leave a club looking that way.”
“She didn’t look like she was under the influence of anything. She drank some champagne and toasted Kelly Price’s three Grammy nominations Thursday night. That’s what Whitney Houston did,” Price added.
Over the days preceding her death Houston’s behavior was erratic. She was seen skipping around a ballroom and doing handstands near the hotel pool, the Los Angeles Times reported, adding that she was seen in mismatched clothes and with dripping wet hair.
At some point on Saturday morning or early afternoon Houston’s cousin, the singer Dionne Warwick, spoke to her over the phone to make sure they were seated at the same table at Davis’ party. At this point there were no signs of trouble, according to TMZ.
Around 3:15 p.m., Houston spoke to her mother, Cissy Houston, and everything still seemed to be fine.
Police, who were already on the scene in preparation for the event later in the evening, arrived at Houston’s room two minutes after her body was discovered.
Officials tried to resuscitate the 48-year-old singer with CPR but were unable to revive her. Houston was pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m.
As reported, TMZ is reporting that Houston likely died from a combination of the drug Xanax and other prescription medication mixed with alcohol, citing family sources who spoke to L.A. County Coroner officials.
Coroners informed Houston’s family that there was not enough water in the singer’s lungs for her to have drowned, and that she may have died before her head became submerged in the bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel where her body was found Saturday, TMZ reports.
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here