*Kevin Costner, Whitney Houston love interest in her first film “The Bodyguard,” will speak at her funeral to be held Saturday in Newark, New Jersey, reports People magazine.
Costner will address those gathered at the New Hope Baptist Church to speak about the passing of his close friend and former co-star. Houston made her big-screen debut in the 1992 hit movie, which earned over $400 million at the box-office. The film featured Houston’s Dolly Parton penned song ‘I Will Always Love You’, which has sold in huge quantities since her sudden death on Saturday.
The soundtrack to “The Bodyguard,” as well as Whitney’s self-titled debut album, are among the biggest selling albums of the past week, with Houston posthumously shifting over one-million.
Houston’s mentor Clive Davis will also speak at the funeral, while a musical performance will be given by her godmother Aretha Franklin.
A source close to the singer’s family said Clive in particular had been instrumental in keeping spirits up over the past few days, saying, “They’re leaning on him for emotional support. He talks to them hourly, and he’s a very big part in planning her funeral.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Moniece Slaughter to Tank: 'You're Disgusting' for Shameful 'Stalker' Story [EUR Exclusive]
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Oprah Winfrey Set for First-ever Appearance at 2016 Essence Festival
- Steven Ivory: Farewell to P-Funk’s Bernie Worrell
- Wimbledon: Venus Williams, Madison Keys Advance to 3rd Round; Sloane Stephens Reaches Rain-Delayed 2nd
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here