*Kevin Costner, Whitney Houston love interest in her first film “The Bodyguard,” will speak at her funeral to be held Saturday in Newark, New Jersey, reports People magazine.
Costner will address those gathered at the New Hope Baptist Church to speak about the passing of his close friend and former co-star. Houston made her big-screen debut in the 1992 hit movie, which earned over $400 million at the box-office. The film featured Houston’s Dolly Parton penned song ‘I Will Always Love You’, which has sold in huge quantities since her sudden death on Saturday.
The soundtrack to “The Bodyguard,” as well as Whitney’s self-titled debut album, are among the biggest selling albums of the past week, with Houston posthumously shifting over one-million.
Houston’s mentor Clive Davis will also speak at the funeral, while a musical performance will be given by her godmother Aretha Franklin.
A source close to the singer’s family said Clive in particular had been instrumental in keeping spirits up over the past few days, saying, “They’re leaning on him for emotional support. He talks to them hourly, and he’s a very big part in planning her funeral.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Coastal Town Being 'Targeted' by Great White Sharks
- NFL Great Jim Brown Celebrates 80th Birthday with Celebs and Family
- Meek Mill Sentenced to House Arrest & Six Years Probation
- Funnee: Will and Jada Called Out for Starting 'Ish' (WATCH)
- Kenya Moore Explains Why Cynthia Bailey 'Deeply Hurt Me' on 'RHOA'
- Agents of Change Docu Is Centerpiece Film At PAFF
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here