*Kevin Costner, Whitney Houston love interest in her first film “The Bodyguard,” will speak at her funeral to be held Saturday in Newark, New Jersey, reports People magazine.
Costner will address those gathered at the New Hope Baptist Church to speak about the passing of his close friend and former co-star. Houston made her big-screen debut in the 1992 hit movie, which earned over $400 million at the box-office. The film featured Houston’s Dolly Parton penned song ‘I Will Always Love You’, which has sold in huge quantities since her sudden death on Saturday.
The soundtrack to “The Bodyguard,” as well as Whitney’s self-titled debut album, are among the biggest selling albums of the past week, with Houston posthumously shifting over one-million.
Houston’s mentor Clive Davis will also speak at the funeral, while a musical performance will be given by her godmother Aretha Franklin.
A source close to the singer’s family said Clive in particular had been instrumental in keeping spirits up over the past few days, saying, “They’re leaning on him for emotional support. He talks to them hourly, and he’s a very big part in planning her funeral.
- Celebs You Wish You Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here