*Kevin Costner, Whitney Houston love interest in her first film “The Bodyguard,” will speak at her funeral to be held Saturday in Newark, New Jersey, reports People magazine.
Costner will address those gathered at the New Hope Baptist Church to speak about the passing of his close friend and former co-star. Houston made her big-screen debut in the 1992 hit movie, which earned over $400 million at the box-office. The film featured Houston’s Dolly Parton penned song ‘I Will Always Love You’, which has sold in huge quantities since her sudden death on Saturday.
The soundtrack to “The Bodyguard,” as well as Whitney’s self-titled debut album, are among the biggest selling albums of the past week, with Houston posthumously shifting over one-million.
Houston’s mentor Clive Davis will also speak at the funeral, while a musical performance will be given by her godmother Aretha Franklin.
A source close to the singer’s family said Clive in particular had been instrumental in keeping spirits up over the past few days, saying, “They’re leaning on him for emotional support. He talks to them hourly, and he’s a very big part in planning her funeral.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Bishop Eddie Long To Discuss Struggles During Sex Scandal on ‘Steve Harvey’
- Erica Campbell: 'I Didn't Takeover' Yolanda Adams' Radio Slot [EUR Exclusive]
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here