Now, however, TMZ is reporting that the party is still on … minus the man himself, Clive Davis.
Our sources say Davis is currently at his home in Los Angeles. We’re told he is surrounded by close friends.
The party is taking place at the Beverly Hilton, where Houston was found dead earlier today. She was scheduled to open the party.
Last year, she treated the crowd to a medley of “Walk On By,” “I Say A Little Prayer For You” and “That’s What Friends Are For.”
See the video below of her performance made on a camera phone by an audience member:
Meanwhile, in the video below, Houston is seen at a rehearsal for Davis’ party sharing words of advice and encouragement to Brandy and Monica, who were scheduled to perform tonight.
As EUR reported earlier, singer Whitney Houston was found dead at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. As of this posting, the cause of death has not been revealed. She was 48.
- 'Peanuts' Celebrates its First African American Character, Franklin
- Kevin Hart Talks Homophobia & Race with Rolling Stone
- White House Petitioned to Extradite Dentist that Killed 'Cecil the Lion'
- Ciara Takes 'Presidential' Route on Janet Tribute, Mom and Men
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Tami Roman Suffers Miscarriage
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here