Now, however, TMZ is reporting that the party is still on … minus the man himself, Clive Davis.
Our sources say Davis is currently at his home in Los Angeles. We’re told he is surrounded by close friends.
The party is taking place at the Beverly Hilton, where Houston was found dead earlier today. She was scheduled to open the party.
Last year, she treated the crowd to a medley of “Walk On By,” “I Say A Little Prayer For You” and “That’s What Friends Are For.”
See the video below of her performance made on a camera phone by an audience member:
Meanwhile, in the video below, Houston is seen at a rehearsal for Davis’ party sharing words of advice and encouragement to Brandy and Monica, who were scheduled to perform tonight.
As EUR reported earlier, singer Whitney Houston was found dead at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. As of this posting, the cause of death has not been revealed. She was 48.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton Declares May 23rd ‘Beyonce Day’, Then Lightning Strikes
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here