*Akon is not backing down from a construction company who is suing him over an unpaid bill.
Jay Poorak, who runs Southern Electric, has sued the star over claims he failed to settle a $51,000 bill for renovations on his Georgia mansion.
The singer has just filed a countersuit, alleging he was overcharged for poor workmanship. He claims much of the work on his home was carried out without his permission and without a price agreement.
He also claims the work was a disaster and he was charged $150,000 for a job which was only worth $33,660, according to TMZ.
The singer is suing to regain some of the money he has already paid and for damages from allegations of slander.
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Atlanta Police on the Hunt for T.I.-Looking Suspect
- Ne-Yo & Crystal Renay Get Married with Baby Already on the Way
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Nia Guzman Responds to Criminal Allegations
- The Socialist's Journal: Kim Davis
- (Min. Paul Scott) Why Black Minds Matter: Readin’, Writin’ and Revolution
- CurlKit Launches 'Curlstar Favorits Box' - Offering Consumers Instant Access to Brands Coveted by Superstars
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here