*Akon is not backing down from a construction company who is suing him over an unpaid bill.
Jay Poorak, who runs Southern Electric, has sued the star over claims he failed to settle a $51,000 bill for renovations on his Georgia mansion.
The singer has just filed a countersuit, alleging he was overcharged for poor workmanship. He claims much of the work on his home was carried out without his permission and without a price agreement.
He also claims the work was a disaster and he was charged $150,000 for a job which was only worth $33,660, according to TMZ.
The singer is suing to regain some of the money he has already paid and for damages from allegations of slander.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here