*Akon is not backing down from a construction company who is suing him over an unpaid bill.
Jay Poorak, who runs Southern Electric, has sued the star over claims he failed to settle a $51,000 bill for renovations on his Georgia mansion.
The singer has just filed a countersuit, alleging he was overcharged for poor workmanship. He claims much of the work on his home was carried out without his permission and without a price agreement.
He also claims the work was a disaster and he was charged $150,000 for a job which was only worth $33,660, according to TMZ.
The singer is suing to regain some of the money he has already paid and for damages from allegations of slander.
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here