The highly anticipated music special airs for the first time in its 12-year history during the Easter Season, further enriching the power, meaning and significance of the “Celebration of Gospel,” says BET.com.
The two-hour special, to be taped Friday, March 16 at 8 p.m. PT at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles, brings together gospel superstars and R&B legends to share the stage in not often seen dynamic and exclusive performances.
The No. 1 Gospel/Religious telecast since its inception is hosted by best-selling author, veteran comedian and media mogul Steve Harvey.
This year’s stellar line-up includes the very best that gospel and secular music has to offer with performances by Gospel greats Kirk Franklin, Yolanda Adams, Pastor Shirley Caesar, Fred Hammond, Marvin Sapp, The Rance Allen Group, James Fortune & FIYA, 2012 Grammy-award winner Le’Andria Johnson, Jessica Reedy, Earnest Pugh, Isaac Carree, Moses Tyson Jr. Ricky Dillard & New G, Zacardi Cortez and Maurette Brown Clark.
The celebration will also include tributes to legendary singers Whitney Houston and Mahalia Jackson.
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here