The highly anticipated music special airs for the first time in its 12-year history during the Easter Season, further enriching the power, meaning and significance of the “Celebration of Gospel,” says BET.com.
The two-hour special, to be taped Friday, March 16 at 8 p.m. PT at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles, brings together gospel superstars and R&B legends to share the stage in not often seen dynamic and exclusive performances.
The No. 1 Gospel/Religious telecast since its inception is hosted by best-selling author, veteran comedian and media mogul Steve Harvey.
This year’s stellar line-up includes the very best that gospel and secular music has to offer with performances by Gospel greats Kirk Franklin, Yolanda Adams, Pastor Shirley Caesar, Fred Hammond, Marvin Sapp, The Rance Allen Group, James Fortune & FIYA, 2012 Grammy-award winner Le’Andria Johnson, Jessica Reedy, Earnest Pugh, Isaac Carree, Moses Tyson Jr. Ricky Dillard & New G, Zacardi Cortez and Maurette Brown Clark.
The celebration will also include tributes to legendary singers Whitney Houston and Mahalia Jackson.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here