The singer who’s on hiatus to raise baby Blue Ivy, was recently praised by mothers and breast feeding advocates after being spotted nursing her newborn at NYC’s Sant Ambroeus restaurant Saturday with hubby Jay-Z.
Being that she’s a global icon and busting out the boob is somewhat taboo in America, advocates say she’s basically erasing the stigma of breast feeding in public. She’s setting a good example for society, they said.
“Beyonce appears as a beautiful, loving new mother,” says Dr. Ruth Lawrence, professor at the University of Rochester School of Medicine. “She has dressed to carry and feed her baby when needed. She makes a model image.”
Beyonce’s decision to breast feed publicly also added to the fire for advocates who have recently been outraged by Facebook’s decision to flag or disable photos of women who are breastfeeding.
Women across the states were outraged, but feel empowered by Beyonce’s superstar example.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here