*Four women have accused popular Nashville pastor Bishop Joseph Walker III of Mount Zion Baptist Church and five other church leaders of sexual misconduct and violating their trust over the past 10 years.
The women specifically allege contact with Walker led to sexual assault, and in one case, a forced abortion.
The women are suing for $5 million, according to Newschannel 5.
“I believe that it was time for me to say something,” said Valencia Batson. “I felt like I was dead. A walking person that had no life that was spiritually bound. My soul was in turmoil,” said Batson.
The lawsuit also claims leaders in the church participated in sexual exploitation in counseling, sexual battery, aggravated sexual battery and sexual harassment, assault and false imprisonment.
“It’s wrong. It’s not the right thing to be happening — especially in a place like a church,” said Batson.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here