*Four women have accused popular Nashville pastor Bishop Joseph Walker III of Mount Zion Baptist Church and five other church leaders of sexual misconduct and violating their trust over the past 10 years.
The women specifically allege contact with Walker led to sexual assault, and in one case, a forced abortion.
The women are suing for $5 million, according to Newschannel 5.
“I believe that it was time for me to say something,” said Valencia Batson. “I felt like I was dead. A walking person that had no life that was spiritually bound. My soul was in turmoil,” said Batson.
The lawsuit also claims leaders in the church participated in sexual exploitation in counseling, sexual battery, aggravated sexual battery and sexual harassment, assault and false imprisonment.
“It’s wrong. It’s not the right thing to be happening — especially in a place like a church,” said Batson.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here