*Four women have accused popular Nashville pastor Bishop Joseph Walker III of Mount Zion Baptist Church and five other church leaders of sexual misconduct and violating their trust over the past 10 years.
The women specifically allege contact with Walker led to sexual assault, and in one case, a forced abortion.
The women are suing for $5 million, according to Newschannel 5.
“I believe that it was time for me to say something,” said Valencia Batson. “I felt like I was dead. A walking person that had no life that was spiritually bound. My soul was in turmoil,” said Batson.
The lawsuit also claims leaders in the church participated in sexual exploitation in counseling, sexual battery, aggravated sexual battery and sexual harassment, assault and false imprisonment.
“It’s wrong. It’s not the right thing to be happening — especially in a place like a church,” said Batson.
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here