*Four women have accused popular Nashville pastor Bishop Joseph Walker III of Mount Zion Baptist Church and five other church leaders of sexual misconduct and violating their trust over the past 10 years.
The women specifically allege contact with Walker led to sexual assault, and in one case, a forced abortion.
The women are suing for $5 million, according to Newschannel 5.
“I believe that it was time for me to say something,” said Valencia Batson. “I felt like I was dead. A walking person that had no life that was spiritually bound. My soul was in turmoil,” said Batson.
The lawsuit also claims leaders in the church participated in sexual exploitation in counseling, sexual battery, aggravated sexual battery and sexual harassment, assault and false imprisonment.
“It’s wrong. It’s not the right thing to be happening — especially in a place like a church,” said Batson.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here