Haircare in the African American community is big business and many women have a bunch of different tips on how they handle their own hair.
We all see our women go to the hairstylist once a week to look their best not just for themselves, but for their husbands or boyfriend and families as well.
One of our partner sites, Black Voices at Huffington Post, decided to create a list of 10 commandments for black women and their hair.
Check out one of them below and click for the rest.
Hair should be washed once a week or every other week to avoid build-up of hair care products, which can be drying to hair.
Wash braids or dreadlocks every two weeks.
Read/learn more at Black Voices.
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here