*Legendary R&B singer Bobby Womack has been diagnosed with colon cancer, according to his good friend, bassist Bootsy Collins.
Womack was reportedly hospitalized with pneumonia over the weekend when he was diagnosed with the condition.
Bootsy originally tweeted Sunday: ”Funkateers, Send Prayers & Love Vibes Up for Bobby Womack. He is Fighting Pneumonia in the Hospital Now. Will Update After I talk to Him. Thx u all (sic).”
He later added: ”We Pray for Bobby Womack Right Now, TO BE HEALED FROM PNEUMONIA AND ANY OTHER AILMENT HE IS FIGHTING AT THIS TIME. THIS SONG GOES OUT TO MY FRIEND BOBBY WE DID ON MY LATEST ALBUM.”
Bootsy later revealed on Facebook that Bobby had been diagnosed with cancer, but said he remains upbeat. He wrote: ”I JUST SPOKE TO OUR FRIEND BOBBY WOMACK. He Wanted You All to Know That He Loves You & Thxs for the Prayers (sic).
”Docs Says He Is In 1st Stage of Colon Cancer, He is Very Up Beat About His Future, we laughed & joked before we hung up. Thxs Funkateers, we will get him Back on the One!”
Watch Bobby Womack’s episode of TV One’s “Unsung” below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here