*Legendary R&B singer Bobby Womack has been diagnosed with colon cancer, according to his good friend, bassist Bootsy Collins.
Womack was reportedly hospitalized with pneumonia over the weekend when he was diagnosed with the condition.
Bootsy originally tweeted Sunday: ”Funkateers, Send Prayers & Love Vibes Up for Bobby Womack. He is Fighting Pneumonia in the Hospital Now. Will Update After I talk to Him. Thx u all (sic).”
He later added: ”We Pray for Bobby Womack Right Now, TO BE HEALED FROM PNEUMONIA AND ANY OTHER AILMENT HE IS FIGHTING AT THIS TIME. THIS SONG GOES OUT TO MY FRIEND BOBBY WE DID ON MY LATEST ALBUM.”
Bootsy later revealed on Facebook that Bobby had been diagnosed with cancer, but said he remains upbeat. He wrote: ”I JUST SPOKE TO OUR FRIEND BOBBY WOMACK. He Wanted You All to Know That He Loves You & Thxs for the Prayers (sic).
”Docs Says He Is In 1st Stage of Colon Cancer, He is Very Up Beat About His Future, we laughed & joked before we hung up. Thxs Funkateers, we will get him Back on the One!”
Watch Bobby Womack’s episode of TV One’s “Unsung” below:
- Al Roker’s ‘Wake Up With Al’ Show Cancelled Over Email Fight
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here