*New Chicago Bears receiver Brandon Marshall is denying published reports that he punched a woman in the face at a NY nightclub, reports the New York Post.
According to the paper, Marshall was outside of a Chelsea, NY club at about 4 a.m. Sunday morning when he began arguing with a group of people. He allegedly threw a punch that hit 24-year-old Christin Myles.
It’s unclear if Marshall intended to strike the woman, or if she was just in the way as Brandon was trying to hit someone else. Myles says she suffered a black eye and filed a police report the next day. She told the NY Post she was nervous about filing because of Brandon’s high profile status.
Marshall’s lawyer says the 6’4″, 230-pound athlete did not strike Myles, however, he claims Brandon’s wife was injured in a different brawl that went down at the club.
Attorney Harvey Steinberg explains, “While attempting to leave to avoid the melee, [Marshall’s wife] was struck in the face by a thrown bottle. She suffered serious injury.” He continued, “The mayhem continued outside.’’
Marshall was traded Tuesday from the Miami Dolphins to the Chicago Bears this week.
“Both the Bears and Dolphins were aware of what occurred over the weekend,” Bears General Manager Phil Emery said in a statement released by the team. “We decided to move forward with the trade. We have high expectations for Brandon as a Bear.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lionel Richie Trying to Get Oscar Attention for 'Tuskegee Airmen' Doc (Trailer)
- 50 Cent Files $75M Lawsuit Against Law Firm for Poor Representation
- Valentino’s African-Inspired Runway Show Has No African Models; Twitter Gives Side-Eye
- Man Fired After Online Racist Jokes Erupt from Selfie (with 'Slave')
- Judge Won’t Dismiss Molestation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby; Yale Won't Rescind his Honorary Degree
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus on her Cultural Appropriation Insensitivity: 'You Have Some Big Balls'
- Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Sends Group Text to All of His Mistresses: Report
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here