*New Chicago Bears receiver Brandon Marshall is denying published reports that he punched a woman in the face at a NY nightclub, reports the New York Post.
According to the paper, Marshall was outside of a Chelsea, NY club at about 4 a.m. Sunday morning when he began arguing with a group of people. He allegedly threw a punch that hit 24-year-old Christin Myles.
It’s unclear if Marshall intended to strike the woman, or if she was just in the way as Brandon was trying to hit someone else. Myles says she suffered a black eye and filed a police report the next day. She told the NY Post she was nervous about filing because of Brandon’s high profile status.
Marshall’s lawyer says the 6’4″, 230-pound athlete did not strike Myles, however, he claims Brandon’s wife was injured in a different brawl that went down at the club.
Attorney Harvey Steinberg explains, “While attempting to leave to avoid the melee, [Marshall’s wife] was struck in the face by a thrown bottle. She suffered serious injury.” He continued, “The mayhem continued outside.’’
Marshall was traded Tuesday from the Miami Dolphins to the Chicago Bears this week.
“Both the Bears and Dolphins were aware of what occurred over the weekend,” Bears General Manager Phil Emery said in a statement released by the team. “We decided to move forward with the trade. We have high expectations for Brandon as a Bear.”
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here