*New Chicago Bears receiver Brandon Marshall is denying published reports that he punched a woman in the face at a NY nightclub, reports the New York Post.
According to the paper, Marshall was outside of a Chelsea, NY club at about 4 a.m. Sunday morning when he began arguing with a group of people. He allegedly threw a punch that hit 24-year-old Christin Myles.
It’s unclear if Marshall intended to strike the woman, or if she was just in the way as Brandon was trying to hit someone else. Myles says she suffered a black eye and filed a police report the next day. She told the NY Post she was nervous about filing because of Brandon’s high profile status.
Marshall’s lawyer says the 6’4″, 230-pound athlete did not strike Myles, however, he claims Brandon’s wife was injured in a different brawl that went down at the club.
Attorney Harvey Steinberg explains, “While attempting to leave to avoid the melee, [Marshall’s wife] was struck in the face by a thrown bottle. She suffered serious injury.” He continued, “The mayhem continued outside.’’
Marshall was traded Tuesday from the Miami Dolphins to the Chicago Bears this week.
“Both the Bears and Dolphins were aware of what occurred over the weekend,” Bears General Manager Phil Emery said in a statement released by the team. “We decided to move forward with the trade. We have high expectations for Brandon as a Bear.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here