*CBS has just announced that it will bring back “The Talk” for a third season, with its current co-hosts Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Sheryl Underwood and Aisha Tyler all returning.
“We are thrilled with the evolution and growth of The Talk,” said CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler. “The show has high energy, spirited conversation, relevant topics, and the audience is responding.”
Season 2 ended last year with original panelists Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini fired. With Underwood and Tyler, “The Talk” has been performing stronger in its timeslot, averaging 2.16 million viewers over the course of the season and recently outpacing direct competition (ABC’s newly launched
“The Revolution”) by 60 percent, according to The Hollywood Reoprter.
Year over year, the February sweep gave “The Talk” 4 percent bump in total viewers, averaging 2.27 million, 10 percent gains in women 25-54 (1.1 rating) and 13 percent growth among women 18-49 (0.9).
“We’re proud that The Talk has already established great brand identity in only its second season,” said David Stapf, president of CBS Television Studios. “Much of the success can be attributed to our hosts’ chemistry and the work of our producers, whose selection of topics and guests are clearly resonating with viewers.”
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here