*CBS has just announced that it will bring back “The Talk” for a third season, with its current co-hosts Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Sheryl Underwood and Aisha Tyler all returning.
“We are thrilled with the evolution and growth of The Talk,” said CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler. “The show has high energy, spirited conversation, relevant topics, and the audience is responding.”
Season 2 ended last year with original panelists Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini fired. With Underwood and Tyler, “The Talk” has been performing stronger in its timeslot, averaging 2.16 million viewers over the course of the season and recently outpacing direct competition (ABC’s newly launched
“The Revolution”) by 60 percent, according to The Hollywood Reoprter.
Year over year, the February sweep gave “The Talk” 4 percent bump in total viewers, averaging 2.27 million, 10 percent gains in women 25-54 (1.1 rating) and 13 percent growth among women 18-49 (0.9).
“We’re proud that The Talk has already established great brand identity in only its second season,” said David Stapf, president of CBS Television Studios. “Much of the success can be attributed to our hosts’ chemistry and the work of our producers, whose selection of topics and guests are clearly resonating with viewers.”
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here