*CBS has just announced that it will bring back “The Talk” for a third season, with its current co-hosts Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Sheryl Underwood and Aisha Tyler all returning.
“We are thrilled with the evolution and growth of The Talk,” said CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler. “The show has high energy, spirited conversation, relevant topics, and the audience is responding.”
Season 2 ended last year with original panelists Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini fired. With Underwood and Tyler, “The Talk” has been performing stronger in its timeslot, averaging 2.16 million viewers over the course of the season and recently outpacing direct competition (ABC’s newly launched
“The Revolution”) by 60 percent, according to The Hollywood Reoprter.
Year over year, the February sweep gave “The Talk” 4 percent bump in total viewers, averaging 2.27 million, 10 percent gains in women 25-54 (1.1 rating) and 13 percent growth among women 18-49 (0.9).
“We’re proud that The Talk has already established great brand identity in only its second season,” said David Stapf, president of CBS Television Studios. “Much of the success can be attributed to our hosts’ chemistry and the work of our producers, whose selection of topics and guests are clearly resonating with viewers.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- What Happened to US Government Employee Kanika Powell?
- Danny Glover Joins Gabrielle Union's ‘A Meyer’s Christmas’; Ernie Hudson Added to ‘Graves’
- Detroit Woman’s ‘Dead Body on Lawn’ Halloween Prank Draws 911 Calls
- New Radio Station: ItzYourzRadioLive.com Now Broadcasting
- You Could Break the Bank Going to 'The Happiest Place On Earth!'
- Walter Scott’s Family Gets $6.5M in Settlement With N. Charleston (Watch)
- ‘Star Wars’ Actor John Boyega to Racist Fans: ‘I’m In the Movie, What Are You Gonna Do About It?’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here