*CBS has just announced that it will bring back “The Talk” for a third season, with its current co-hosts Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Sheryl Underwood and Aisha Tyler all returning.
“We are thrilled with the evolution and growth of The Talk,” said CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler. “The show has high energy, spirited conversation, relevant topics, and the audience is responding.”
Season 2 ended last year with original panelists Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini fired. With Underwood and Tyler, “The Talk” has been performing stronger in its timeslot, averaging 2.16 million viewers over the course of the season and recently outpacing direct competition (ABC’s newly launched
“The Revolution”) by 60 percent, according to The Hollywood Reoprter.
Year over year, the February sweep gave “The Talk” 4 percent bump in total viewers, averaging 2.27 million, 10 percent gains in women 25-54 (1.1 rating) and 13 percent growth among women 18-49 (0.9).
“We’re proud that The Talk has already established great brand identity in only its second season,” said David Stapf, president of CBS Television Studios. “Much of the success can be attributed to our hosts’ chemistry and the work of our producers, whose selection of topics and guests are clearly resonating with viewers.”
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here