Actually he sang the censored version first then he asked the audience “Can I curse in here?” But he didn’t wait for the answer, belting out “f*** you!” Cee Lo ultimately switched to the censored “Forget You” lyrics.
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney refused to comment on the song when pressed by reporters aboard Air Force One. Carney did admit that the president is “a fan” of Cee Lo’s music and might have his songs on his iPod.
At an earlier fundraiser, the president was interrupted by a “Ludacris” song when someone’s phone started ringing.
“Woah. Got some ‘Luda’ on there?” the president asked of the person’s ring tone, eliciting some hearty laughter from the crowd. “I hope it’s the clean version.”
Meanwhile it was apparently a slow news day for the folks at Fox News’ Sean Hannity show ’cause they couldn’t help themselves and used the situation to create fodder for another non-story while feigning outrage.
In the clip below, Rich Lowry prefaces it, claiming he has no idea who Green is (but panelist Mary Walter admits to having him on her iPhone). Lowry asks, after showing the video, “Am I just impossibly old, or a fuddy-duddy?”
“It makes you long for the days of Sinatra,” Walter replied, calling the President a “cool dad” that lets the children run amok just to be loved.
The Hannity panel clearly thinks the song, about heartbreak and class anxiety, is inappropriate in the presence of the President. What say ye?
Check out Cee Lo (and their commentary) below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Amber Rose to Host Weekly VH1 Talk Show Produced by Dr. Phil
- NFL Vet Dana Stubblefield Charged With Raping Developmentally Disabled Woman
- Little Richard Still Alive Despite Internet Rumors...And Praising Prince
- Chris Brown: New Single ‘Grass Ain’t Greener’ Coming May 5
- 911 Records in Prince Probe Show June 2011 Call over Cocaine Concern (Report)
- Blac Chyna Robbed, Threatens to Sue if Sex Tape with Tyga Leaks
- Chamique Holdsclaw Talks Mind/Game Documentary, Personal Struggle With Mental Illness
- Twitter Trolls React to Old Navy Ad Featuring Interracial Family
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here