*Christine Adams wasted no time securing a new gig, joining ABC’s drama pilot “Americana” less than 24 hours after Fox cancelled her previous show “Terra Nova.”
“Americana,” as previously reported, is a family soap that centers on iconic fashion designer Robert Soulter (Anthony LaPaglia), the patriarch of a sprawling family who just welcomed a new member, Alice Clarke (Ashley Greene), a young designer whose shocking arrival turns the family and the legendary label inside out.
Adams will play Robert’s wife Sierra, a bronze-skinned East African beauty and former supermodel.
The role is a far cry from Adams’ character on Terra Nova – Mira, the rugged leader of the Sixers rebel group. In light of the cancellation at Fox, producing studio 20th Century Fox TV has been shopping Terra Nova to other networks. Today, Netflix – reportedly angling to become a cable network – has expressed interest in picking up the sci-fi drama.
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here