*The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
TMZ is reporting that Coolio was arrested in Las Vegas today, and was thrown in a jail where his son is currently serving time.
According to law enforcement, Coolio was a passenger in a Nissan Versa that was stopped for a routine traffic violation early Friday morning. The cops ran Coolio’s name and discovered he had two active bench warrants out for his arrest stemming from multiple traffic violations.
Coolio was arrested and taken to Clark County Detention Center, the same place where his eldest son Grtis Ivey, 22, has been staying since Nov. 14, 2011, after allegedly teaming up with a Vegas hooker to rob a man at gunpoint.
Grtis was said to have busted into a Vegas apartment with a gun and forced the tenant into the bathroom while he and a female prostitute named Shantrice Wilkerson ransacked the place.
According to TMZ:
Shantrice was trollin’ LAX nightclub at the Luxor on Oct. 26 and met a guy named Joseph Hall, who didn’t know she was a call girl. The two hit it off … and Wilkerson told him that she had a “dream” of having sex on a pile of money. Hall asked if $5,000 was ok. She agreed, and the two eventually went back to Hall’s apartment to grab the cash out of a safe.
According to the report, the two bounced to Wilkerson’s pad to do the deed, but before it went down, Wilkerson asked for money and Hall flipped out and left. But cops say, Wilkerson remembered where Hall lived and brought Grtis to the place three days later so they could rob it.
According to the report, Grtis entered the pad with a gun and ordered Hall’s roommate into the bathroom while he and the hooker stole a safe, two iPads, two laptops, passports, and anything else that wasn’t nailed down.
Cops say the roommate was able to identify Coolio’s son and the hooker, and both were arrested on a slew of charges including robbery with a deadly weapon, first degree kidnapping and grand larceny.
Both Grtis and Wilkerson told cops they never brought a gun to the apartment, and Wilkerson admitted to stealing some of the stuff.
Grtis is being held without bail and is due to face a judge on Monday.
Meanwhile, Coolio’s bail has been set at $5,850. A court date has not yet been announced.
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here