*Corbin Bleu will join the cast of Godspell as Jesus beginning April 17 at the Circle in the Square Theatre, reports Broadway.com.
Bleu takes over the role from original star Hunter Parrish, who will play his final performance on April 15.
“I know Corbin Bleu has a special affinity for Godspell, and with his great talent, charisma, and radiant energy, I know he will be terrific in the show,” said composer Stephen Schwartz in a statement. “I am very much looking forward to working with him and seeing him as our new Jesus.”
Bleu made his Broadway debut as Usnavi in In The Heights, but he’s best known for playing Chad Danforth in the “High School Musical” franchise. His most recent big screen credit was playing the lead in the film “Free Style.”
Bleu has also released two solo albums (“Another Side” and “Speed of Light”) and appeared on stage in Debbie Allen’s Brothers of the Knight.
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here