*Corbin Bleu will join the cast of Godspell as Jesus beginning April 17 at the Circle in the Square Theatre, reports Broadway.com.
Bleu takes over the role from original star Hunter Parrish, who will play his final performance on April 15.
“I know Corbin Bleu has a special affinity for Godspell, and with his great talent, charisma, and radiant energy, I know he will be terrific in the show,” said composer Stephen Schwartz in a statement. “I am very much looking forward to working with him and seeing him as our new Jesus.”
Bleu made his Broadway debut as Usnavi in In The Heights, but he’s best known for playing Chad Danforth in the “High School Musical” franchise. His most recent big screen credit was playing the lead in the film “Free Style.”
Bleu has also released two solo albums (“Another Side” and “Speed of Light”) and appeared on stage in Debbie Allen’s Brothers of the Knight.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal (WATCH)
- Future Talks Album Flop, Ciara's Lawsuit & Russell Wilson
- Woman’s Viral National Anthem Leads to National TV Singing Debut on ‘GMA’ (Watch)
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Vic Mensa Suggests Justin Timberlake ‘Support Black People When It’s More Difficult’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here