*Corbin Bleu will join the cast of Godspell as Jesus beginning April 17 at the Circle in the Square Theatre, reports Broadway.com.
Bleu takes over the role from original star Hunter Parrish, who will play his final performance on April 15.
“I know Corbin Bleu has a special affinity for Godspell, and with his great talent, charisma, and radiant energy, I know he will be terrific in the show,” said composer Stephen Schwartz in a statement. “I am very much looking forward to working with him and seeing him as our new Jesus.”
Bleu made his Broadway debut as Usnavi in In The Heights, but he’s best known for playing Chad Danforth in the “High School Musical” franchise. His most recent big screen credit was playing the lead in the film “Free Style.”
Bleu has also released two solo albums (“Another Side” and “Speed of Light”) and appeared on stage in Debbie Allen’s Brothers of the Knight.
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here