*Corbin Bleu will join the cast of Godspell as Jesus beginning April 17 at the Circle in the Square Theatre, reports Broadway.com.
Bleu takes over the role from original star Hunter Parrish, who will play his final performance on April 15.
“I know Corbin Bleu has a special affinity for Godspell, and with his great talent, charisma, and radiant energy, I know he will be terrific in the show,” said composer Stephen Schwartz in a statement. “I am very much looking forward to working with him and seeing him as our new Jesus.”
Bleu made his Broadway debut as Usnavi in In The Heights, but he’s best known for playing Chad Danforth in the “High School Musical” franchise. His most recent big screen credit was playing the lead in the film “Free Style.”
Bleu has also released two solo albums (“Another Side” and “Speed of Light”) and appeared on stage in Debbie Allen’s Brothers of the Knight.
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Surprise! Prince Drops New Sexy Song: 'HardRockLover' (LISTEN)
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here