*Corbin Bleu will join the cast of Godspell as Jesus beginning April 17 at the Circle in the Square Theatre, reports Broadway.com.
Bleu takes over the role from original star Hunter Parrish, who will play his final performance on April 15.
“I know Corbin Bleu has a special affinity for Godspell, and with his great talent, charisma, and radiant energy, I know he will be terrific in the show,” said composer Stephen Schwartz in a statement. “I am very much looking forward to working with him and seeing him as our new Jesus.”
Bleu made his Broadway debut as Usnavi in In The Heights, but he’s best known for playing Chad Danforth in the “High School Musical” franchise. His most recent big screen credit was playing the lead in the film “Free Style.”
Bleu has also released two solo albums (“Another Side” and “Speed of Light”) and appeared on stage in Debbie Allen’s Brothers of the Knight.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here