We didn’t see this one coming.
Here’s the deal. To beat the noon NBA trade deadline, the Lakers made two big trades.
First, they acquired point guard Ramon Sessions and forward Christian Eyenga from the Cleveland Cavaliers for forwards Luke Walton and Jason Kapono and their 2012 first-round draft choice.
Then, they sent longtime point guard Derek Fisher to the Houston Rockets for forward/center Jordan Hill. It ‘s a shock in one sense because Fisher has been with the Lakers for 13 years of his NBA career. However, it’s no secret that he just can’t defend the newer, younger guards in the league.
Like we said it’s a whoa(!) situation, sort of.
Read/learn more about this trade and others at Bleacher Report.
Watch this video report from ESPN:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here