Since making his big break as “Antwone Fisher,” the actor has experienced some heavy weight roles, but nothing quite like this one, reports BET.com.
Working with Whitney Houston was a historical moment for Luke, something he’ll cherish for the rest of his life.
“We had a great time bonding,” said Luke at the Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday. “We had a few scenes together and we were always on set together, shooting at the same time.”
After hearing of the singer’s death, Luke could hardly believe the news.
“The whole cast was,” he said, adding that she was happy being in front of the camera again as Emma, the mother who disapproves of Sparkle’s music biz dreams. “Whitney’s friends said they’d never seen her more comfortable on a set. She felt at home and made us feel at home.”
The actor complimented Houston, saying she’s “excellent” in the film.
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here