Since making his big break as “Antwone Fisher,” the actor has experienced some heavy weight roles, but nothing quite like this one, reports BET.com.
Working with Whitney Houston was a historical moment for Luke, something he’ll cherish for the rest of his life.
“We had a great time bonding,” said Luke at the Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday. “We had a few scenes together and we were always on set together, shooting at the same time.”
After hearing of the singer’s death, Luke could hardly believe the news.
“The whole cast was,” he said, adding that she was happy being in front of the camera again as Emma, the mother who disapproves of Sparkle’s music biz dreams. “Whitney’s friends said they’d never seen her more comfortable on a set. She felt at home and made us feel at home.”
The actor complimented Houston, saying she’s “excellent” in the film.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here