Since making his big break as “Antwone Fisher,” the actor has experienced some heavy weight roles, but nothing quite like this one, reports BET.com.
Working with Whitney Houston was a historical moment for Luke, something he’ll cherish for the rest of his life.
“We had a great time bonding,” said Luke at the Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday. “We had a few scenes together and we were always on set together, shooting at the same time.”
After hearing of the singer’s death, Luke could hardly believe the news.
“The whole cast was,” he said, adding that she was happy being in front of the camera again as Emma, the mother who disapproves of Sparkle’s music biz dreams. “Whitney’s friends said they’d never seen her more comfortable on a set. She felt at home and made us feel at home.”
The actor complimented Houston, saying she’s “excellent” in the film.
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here