Since making his big break as “Antwone Fisher,” the actor has experienced some heavy weight roles, but nothing quite like this one, reports BET.com.
Working with Whitney Houston was a historical moment for Luke, something he’ll cherish for the rest of his life.
“We had a great time bonding,” said Luke at the Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday. “We had a few scenes together and we were always on set together, shooting at the same time.”
After hearing of the singer’s death, Luke could hardly believe the news.
“The whole cast was,” he said, adding that she was happy being in front of the camera again as Emma, the mother who disapproves of Sparkle’s music biz dreams. “Whitney’s friends said they’d never seen her more comfortable on a set. She felt at home and made us feel at home.”
The actor complimented Houston, saying she’s “excellent” in the film.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fans Blast Nicki Minaj's Narcissistic Reaction to Zendaya’s Barbie
- Kanye Performing at DNC Fundraiser, Kim Expecting Son on Christmas Day
- AARP: American Association of...'Real Possibilities???'
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here