Since making his big break as “Antwone Fisher,” the actor has experienced some heavy weight roles, but nothing quite like this one, reports BET.com.
Working with Whitney Houston was a historical moment for Luke, something he’ll cherish for the rest of his life.
“We had a great time bonding,” said Luke at the Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday. “We had a few scenes together and we were always on set together, shooting at the same time.”
After hearing of the singer’s death, Luke could hardly believe the news.
“The whole cast was,” he said, adding that she was happy being in front of the camera again as Emma, the mother who disapproves of Sparkle’s music biz dreams. “Whitney’s friends said they’d never seen her more comfortable on a set. She felt at home and made us feel at home.”
The actor complimented Houston, saying she’s “excellent” in the film.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Memphis Principal's Response to Criticism of School's Handling of Student Shooting Goes Viral
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here