*Actor Gary Dourdan has filed a lawsuit against officials at a California bank for allegedly neglecting to offer proper financial assistance prior to foreclosing his home, reports E! Online.
The one-time “CSI” star, who fell on hard times in 2010, reached out to Union Bank for mortgage assistance after struggling to meet the $5,000-a-month payments on his Los Angeles home.
But, Dourdan claims the banks were slow to offer him a relief plan, and he fell behind on his bills.
The 45-year-old is accusing the bank of constructive fraud and is seeking compensatory and punitive damages as well as lawyer’s fees and costs.
Dourdan is also seeking a court order to prevent the foreclosure sale of his property.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here