*Michael Clarke Duncan and S. Epatha Merkerson have signed on for writer-director Kent Moran’s upcoming boxing drama “The Challenger.”
The story centers on a struggling Bronx auto mechanic Jaden Miller (Moran) who is forced back into boxing after he and his adopted mother (Merkerson) are evicted from their home. Due to the upheaval, Jaden gets involved in a lifestyle he hoped to avoid – fighting. Duncan plays a trainer who helps him.
Justin Hartley (“Smallville”), Ernie Sabella (“The Lion King”) and Lindsay Hartley (“All My Children”) will round out the cast.
Filming began earlier this month in New York City.
Duncan, an Oscar nominee for his role in “The Green Mile” opposite Tom Hanks, currently appears in Fox’s crime drama “The Finder.” Merkerson, currently hosting TV One’s “Find Our Missing,” received multiple awards for her role as Rachel “Nanny” Crosby in the 2006 HBO miniseries “Lackawanna Blues.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here