*Michael Clarke Duncan and S. Epatha Merkerson have signed on for writer-director Kent Moran’s upcoming boxing drama “The Challenger.”
The story centers on a struggling Bronx auto mechanic Jaden Miller (Moran) who is forced back into boxing after he and his adopted mother (Merkerson) are evicted from their home. Due to the upheaval, Jaden gets involved in a lifestyle he hoped to avoid – fighting. Duncan plays a trainer who helps him.
Justin Hartley (“Smallville”), Ernie Sabella (“The Lion King”) and Lindsay Hartley (“All My Children”) will round out the cast.
Filming began earlier this month in New York City.
Duncan, an Oscar nominee for his role in “The Green Mile” opposite Tom Hanks, currently appears in Fox’s crime drama “The Finder.” Merkerson, currently hosting TV One’s “Find Our Missing,” received multiple awards for her role as Rachel “Nanny” Crosby in the 2006 HBO miniseries “Lackawanna Blues.”
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here