*Michael Clarke Duncan and S. Epatha Merkerson have signed on for writer-director Kent Moran’s upcoming boxing drama “The Challenger.”
The story centers on a struggling Bronx auto mechanic Jaden Miller (Moran) who is forced back into boxing after he and his adopted mother (Merkerson) are evicted from their home. Due to the upheaval, Jaden gets involved in a lifestyle he hoped to avoid – fighting. Duncan plays a trainer who helps him.
Justin Hartley (“Smallville”), Ernie Sabella (“The Lion King”) and Lindsay Hartley (“All My Children”) will round out the cast.
Filming began earlier this month in New York City.
Duncan, an Oscar nominee for his role in “The Green Mile” opposite Tom Hanks, currently appears in Fox’s crime drama “The Finder.” Merkerson, currently hosting TV One’s “Find Our Missing,” received multiple awards for her role as Rachel “Nanny” Crosby in the 2006 HBO miniseries “Lackawanna Blues.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here