*Michael Clarke Duncan and S. Epatha Merkerson have signed on for writer-director Kent Moran’s upcoming boxing drama “The Challenger.”
The story centers on a struggling Bronx auto mechanic Jaden Miller (Moran) who is forced back into boxing after he and his adopted mother (Merkerson) are evicted from their home. Due to the upheaval, Jaden gets involved in a lifestyle he hoped to avoid – fighting. Duncan plays a trainer who helps him.
Justin Hartley (“Smallville”), Ernie Sabella (“The Lion King”) and Lindsay Hartley (“All My Children”) will round out the cast.
Filming began earlier this month in New York City.
Duncan, an Oscar nominee for his role in “The Green Mile” opposite Tom Hanks, currently appears in Fox’s crime drama “The Finder.” Merkerson, currently hosting TV One’s “Find Our Missing,” received multiple awards for her role as Rachel “Nanny” Crosby in the 2006 HBO miniseries “Lackawanna Blues.”
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gang Threatens to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here