*At the junket for his upcoming comedy, “A Thousand Words,” Eddie Murphy told “Extra” that, while he thought Billy Crystal did a “great job” hosting the Academy Awards, the show would have been “a little quicker with me driving.”
As previously reported, Murphy was tapped to host the ceremony when Brett Ratner was at the helm, after the pair worked together on “Tower Heist.” But Ratner resigned following the firestorm caused by his homophobic remarks about rehearsals. Once Ratner was out, Murphy soon followed.
But now, Murphy says he’s still interested in the gig for next year.
“If they ask me again and it comes around, I’m totally open to do. It’s one of the few things that I haven’t done as a comedian. So, yeah, one day.”
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here