*At the junket for his upcoming comedy, “A Thousand Words,” Eddie Murphy told “Extra” that, while he thought Billy Crystal did a “great job” hosting the Academy Awards, the show would have been “a little quicker with me driving.”
As previously reported, Murphy was tapped to host the ceremony when Brett Ratner was at the helm, after the pair worked together on “Tower Heist.” But Ratner resigned following the firestorm caused by his homophobic remarks about rehearsals. Once Ratner was out, Murphy soon followed.
But now, Murphy says he’s still interested in the gig for next year.
“If they ask me again and it comes around, I’m totally open to do. It’s one of the few things that I haven’t done as a comedian. So, yeah, one day.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here