*At the junket for his upcoming comedy, “A Thousand Words,” Eddie Murphy told “Extra” that, while he thought Billy Crystal did a “great job” hosting the Academy Awards, the show would have been “a little quicker with me driving.”
As previously reported, Murphy was tapped to host the ceremony when Brett Ratner was at the helm, after the pair worked together on “Tower Heist.” But Ratner resigned following the firestorm caused by his homophobic remarks about rehearsals. Once Ratner was out, Murphy soon followed.
But now, Murphy says he’s still interested in the gig for next year.
“If they ask me again and it comes around, I’m totally open to do. It’s one of the few things that I haven’t done as a comedian. So, yeah, one day.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here