*At the junket for his upcoming comedy, “A Thousand Words,” Eddie Murphy told “Extra” that, while he thought Billy Crystal did a “great job” hosting the Academy Awards, the show would have been “a little quicker with me driving.”
As previously reported, Murphy was tapped to host the ceremony when Brett Ratner was at the helm, after the pair worked together on “Tower Heist.” But Ratner resigned following the firestorm caused by his homophobic remarks about rehearsals. Once Ratner was out, Murphy soon followed.
But now, Murphy says he’s still interested in the gig for next year.
“If they ask me again and it comes around, I’m totally open to do. It’s one of the few things that I haven’t done as a comedian. So, yeah, one day.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- John Wayne's Racist Comments Kill Official Recognition in California Assembly
- Dr. Phil Talks Prince, Nick Gordon & Prescription Drug Epidemic (WATCH)
- THE (04-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here