*At the junket for his upcoming comedy, “A Thousand Words,” Eddie Murphy told “Extra” that, while he thought Billy Crystal did a “great job” hosting the Academy Awards, the show would have been “a little quicker with me driving.”
As previously reported, Murphy was tapped to host the ceremony when Brett Ratner was at the helm, after the pair worked together on “Tower Heist.” But Ratner resigned following the firestorm caused by his homophobic remarks about rehearsals. Once Ratner was out, Murphy soon followed.
But now, Murphy says he’s still interested in the gig for next year.
“If they ask me again and it comes around, I’m totally open to do. It’s one of the few things that I haven’t done as a comedian. So, yeah, one day.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here